or Connect

Posts by Hengo

PM sent on #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CashmereLover Thanks a lot for the advice. I'm also curious; do you iron them to get the crease after washing? I prefer no creases for informal cotton pants (I guess they can be referred to as chinos). Yes, they get ironed (steam iron) each time. I wear them all the time to the office. It is a bit hot here for wool trousers, and no good dry cleaning facilities. So cotton is my best option, and I honestly prefer it...
I have a bunch of borrelli cotton pants, many with the same dry clean tags as yours. I wash them with my shirts (borrelli shirts also tend to have 30 degrees or 35 degrees written on the label) on 40 degrees, and have never had a problem. I live in a place where there is a lot of dust on the streets, and I wash the lightly coloured pants after every two-three uses. They keep the shape and colour very well. The only issue I have had is with a pair of navy pants that keeps...
I'm a diplomat and occasionally interview for junior positions. I can't say that I care much about tie or no tie of the candidate. Pretty much anyone can learn office dress code in a week or two on the job, but the qualifications I look for in a candidate are talents that take a long time to learn (if they can at all be learned). Sometimes I have candidates check in advance about dress codes (which I believe is a good thing to do), but I have my secretary tell them to...
Interested in 42R if in summer weight and preferrably linen- or cotton blends.
I have never seen the gussets missing on a Borrelli shirt (it is normally mentioned in the little booklet that comes with the shirt as one of the features of their shirts). However, I do have a couple of Luxury Vintage shirts where the gussets do not carry the standard LB emblem (they are instead of fabric coloured differently from the shirt). Is your shirt LV or standard Borrelli? In any case, I don't think the existence of gussets is the best way to determine...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma Hmm, I just put stuff into my luggage, they never lose it. I probably have more chances of getting hit by a car than of permanently losing my luggage. Same here. I travel across Africa about 20 weeks of the year, and I heve never permanently lost my luggage. I hate having to carry lots of hand luggage, and usually just keep some extra clothes in my carry-on should my checked luggage be delayed. Sometimes, if I...
I also bought several Borrelli Luxury Vintage shirts from this seller. Excellent shirts (all recent models) at great prices. As someone said, try to negotiate the price about 500 down. Negative aspect of this seller is that he (or she) does not communicate whatsoever (only about price). If it is precisely the suit you are looking for and the measurements are correct, and you know that Kiton fits you well, I'd say go for it!
Hi there, Which Mouton a 5 pattes was this? In geneva? I have never seen those brands there. Usually, the most high end stuff they carry is Pal Zileri, and only once did I see the Sartoriale range (usually it is the Lab stuff). If they have started carrying SP then that is great news indeed! SP pants and shirts are great, btw.
Only looked through isaia pics. It's a very nice suit, but it looks generally too full. Perhaps one size smaller would give a nicer fit, if it is not to tight in the shoulder. You could also try on a V-base, which may fit you better.