or Connect

Posts by Hengo

I have several suits from both makers, as well as shirts and outerwear. I prefer Attolini, but like the previous speaker, I am also no expert on construction. For suit fabrics, the Attolinis I have are s100 and s120. Obviously, next to a Kiton s180 there is a real difference. Nevertheless, I feel that Attolini has focused on fabrics that make good suits, rather than fabric with high super numbers. The Attolini fabrics, in my view, make for a better appearance (at least the...
I actually do like the spitfire chrono. obviously, the portuguese is something else (and your better choice if you ar planning to use it a lot with suits), but I feel that the spitfire has a lot of ccaracter. to me the lack of perfect symmetry that the chopped off digits somehow signals makes its appearance quite interesting.
Hi Kaplan. I agree that this is a beautiful watch, and have been looking for the same for some time. I stumbled across one at a Swedish auction house (you are in Denmark, right?), which, coincidentally bears your name (!). The link is here I have not bought through this site before, but understand that they do real-time auctions online, and have heard good things about them. This specific auction is on 10 July and starting price is SEK 18000 (in the few auctions I have...
Anyone has list of UK 9,5?
That sounds excellent! Thanks for the speedy response. Will look out for updates on the website next week.
Looking forward to the Stile Latino suits. Will there be any in summer fabrics? What is the price range? Cheers!
PM sent on #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CashmereLover Thanks a lot for the advice. I'm also curious; do you iron them to get the crease after washing? I prefer no creases for informal cotton pants (I guess they can be referred to as chinos). Yes, they get ironed (steam iron) each time. I wear them all the time to the office. It is a bit hot here for wool trousers, and no good dry cleaning facilities. So cotton is my best option, and I honestly prefer it...
I have a bunch of borrelli cotton pants, many with the same dry clean tags as yours. I wash them with my shirts (borrelli shirts also tend to have 30 degrees or 35 degrees written on the label) on 40 degrees, and have never had a problem. I live in a place where there is a lot of dust on the streets, and I wash the lightly coloured pants after every two-three uses. They keep the shape and colour very well. The only issue I have had is with a pair of navy pants that keeps...
I'm a diplomat and occasionally interview for junior positions. I can't say that I care much about tie or no tie of the candidate. Pretty much anyone can learn office dress code in a week or two on the job, but the qualifications I look for in a candidate are talents that take a long time to learn (if they can at all be learned). Sometimes I have candidates check in advance about dress codes (which I believe is a good thing to do), but I have my secretary tell them to...