or Connect

Posts by bachbeet

No, I don't believe in any gods. Don't believe in tooth fairy either. God is a story made up by ancient, primitive man to explain what he didn't know. And, anyone who claims the existence of any god bears the burden of proof. Just like any other claim. God is imaginary.
I know it's early, but these are pretty good (bad?): Dear Santa, I wud like a kool toy space ranjur fer Xmas. Iv ben a gud boy all yeer. yer Frend, BiLLy Dear Billy, Nice spelling. You're on your way to a career in lawn care. How about I send you a friggin' book so you can learn to read and write? I'm giving your older brother the space ranger. At least HE can spell! Santa ________________________________________ Dear Santa, I have been a good girl all...
As for how to eat it, I was sitting next to some Japanese patrons in a bar and they simply said sushi is eaten with the hands and sashimi with the chopsticks.
I've never heard that piece on piano; always on guitar. I'm sure Koji did a great job.
My last two sets of speakers have been Thiels. I'm very happy with them.
About the only types of wines I don't like are the sweeter ones. Many of the German wines are sweet and I'm not crazy about those. Barolo is one you might try. I took a class from a sommelier who went to Paris to learn his trade and discovered some good wines. But, I still wasn't crazy about the German wines. I did like some of the dessert wines he offered as samples, but I would only recommend them in small amounts. Don't drink nearly as much as I did 10 years ago...
A friend of ours sells Mercedes. The other day, he said that absolutely no customers showed up on the lot. He said he was lucky that he'd already sold 7 cars this month. Now, I don't know if 7 cars per is a good or bad month but no customers showing up is definitely not a good sign. Yet, I understand that the higher priced real estate market is still pretty strong. In any event, the title of this thread is too extreme. I definitely think our economy will rebound. ...
I haven't watched SNL in a LONG time. But, that clip was really funny. I knew Hamm had it in him.
I read an article recently which somewhat agrees that the shirt does not matter as much as the suit and the other items of clothing. And, I'm one of those that can say that Kabbaz makes a great shirt but I'm damned if I'll pay that much. My most expensive shirt is a Kiton. I like it a lot but I'm really reluctant to throw my money at expensive shirts.
I always liked their version of Put a Spell on You. I'd have to say that's still my fave of theirs.