or Connect

Posts by bachbeet

I haven't watched SNL in a LONG time. But, that clip was really funny. I knew Hamm had it in him.
I read an article recently which somewhat agrees that the shirt does not matter as much as the suit and the other items of clothing. And, I'm one of those that can say that Kabbaz makes a great shirt but I'm damned if I'll pay that much. My most expensive shirt is a Kiton. I like it a lot but I'm really reluctant to throw my money at expensive shirts.
I always liked their version of Put a Spell on You. I'd have to say that's still my fave of theirs.
Sauce: I somewhat agree with your criticism. But, I think what this show is doing well is showing the slow changes that were occurring in the early 60s. The shift from the conformity, etc to the cultural revolution. The younger employees at the firm vs the older ones.
grundle: I've had escolar in regular restaurants cooked. Never in a sushi bar. Didn't know sushi bars carried it. I do love it cooked.
"What is the deal with people mixing wasabi into their shoyu?" For those of us who like wasabi, it adds a nice zing. Now, one can overdo it. I sat next to a guy who basically created a small bowl of "wasabi mud" by putting a bunch of wasabi into the soy sauce. Now, that's a lot of zing! One trend I've seen over the last 10 years or so is that some of the bars contain fewer Japanese employees/chefs. In fact, there is a bar near us that has no Japanese...
11, medium
I don't like buttondowns. The ones I do have are hidden collar buttons. And, I prefer button cuffs to FC. In fact, I recently ordered 2 herringbone shirts and one twill shirt from H&H. They were out of the bd cuffs in herringbone so I had them switch to 3 twill shirts. I really have enough FC shirts and don't need any more. I really don't see them worn by others very often.
Actually, much of the sushi/sashimi is not entirely raw. Eel, whether anago (my preference) or unagi, is not raw. Salmon is not, unless you specifically order fresh and they have it. The crab (sometimes I think it's not really crab) used in most rolls is not. The octopus is not raw (this is the only sushi I don't like). Some bars sear the albacore before preparing your sashimi plate.
Also, for the vegetarians, try the shiitake. Usually, the chefs prepare it in hand rolls or regular rolls. It's excellent.