or Connect

Posts by bachbeet

I'll stick with XP. They'll have to tear it from dying hands! Hopefully, my reg cleaners will keep my computer going until W7 debuts.
I was married to an alcoholic. And, I would much rather be married to a teetotaler. But, I learned about my own failings and it has made me a better person. I also am firmly convinced that I am not an addictive personality. I used to smoke a lot of dope. One day I decided to quit. I haven't looked back. I saw a Bill Moyers report shortly after my separation from the alcoholic and learned about the urges/cravings/brain chemistry of the alcoholic. I realized I've...
I must have missed this thread. I like most every Band song they put out. Hard to pick a favorite 5. I do think my favorite album is still their first, Big Pink. From the psychedelic Chest Fever lyrics (and chilling/epic organ intro) to the sparse I Shall be Released, a great album.
I'm new to MM. I first heard about them on the Lakers board a little over a year ago. Started hearing their music more on radioparadise. Good stuff. One song they play there is quite good. I just don't remember its title.
With the student loan debts I've heard about, I imagine law school set you back well over $100k. So, you'll probably have to forgo expensive clothes for a while.
I know it's early, but these are pretty good (bad?): Dear Santa, I wud like a kool toy space ranjur fer Xmas. Iv ben a gud boy all yeer. yer Frend, BiLLy Dear Billy, Nice spelling. You're on your way to a career in lawn care. How about I send you a friggin' book so you can learn to read and write? I'm giving your older brother the space ranger. At least HE can spell! Santa ________________________________________ Dear Santa, I have been a good girl all...
As for how to eat it, I was sitting next to some Japanese patrons in a bar and they simply said sushi is eaten with the hands and sashimi with the chopsticks.
I've never heard that piece on piano; always on guitar. I'm sure Koji did a great job.
My last two sets of speakers have been Thiels. I'm very happy with them.
About the only types of wines I don't like are the sweeter ones. Many of the German wines are sweet and I'm not crazy about those. Barolo is one you might try. I took a class from a sommelier who went to Paris to learn his trade and discovered some good wines. But, I still wasn't crazy about the German wines. I did like some of the dessert wines he offered as samples, but I would only recommend them in small amounts. Don't drink nearly as much as I did 10 years ago...