or Connect

Posts by bachbeet

"I loved what Draper did with the ad. It was just what was needed. The others are just too stupid to see it." I thought it was a very bold move too and will likely reap rewards. He said before doing it that the firm appeared "weak" and it seemed everyone was now "kicking them" while they were down. So, this move shows strength. However, I do agree with the other poster that he could have sold it to the others before doing it. I don't think they are stupid and would...
Why Some Men Have Dogs And Not Wives: 1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you. 2. Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name. 3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor. 4. A dog's parents never visit. 5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across. 6. You never have to wait for a dog; they're ready to go 24 hours a day. 7. Dogs find you amusing when you're...
This is the best show on TV. The concept lends itself to very creative story lines. One finds oneself rooting for Dexter while knowing that he is a murderer. It appeals to our darker sides. And Smits is doing a great job of acting. I like the other developments with Deb getting close to her CI, the suspicion surrounding Quinn, what exactly is Ramon up to, what exactly was the dead brother doing, in fact what was that whole Prado clan into? BTW, in the opening...
I like and have all the variations, except button down. I do have hidden button down which is the only type of BD I like. I also don't own too many cutaway collars as I think that's too extreme. I also like the scalloped collar, sometimes called the Riley collar (after Pat Riley who popularized it when a coach for the Lakers). I like the variety of the different collar options.
I haven't had any problems reading mail. My only quarrel (and I contacted them about it) is that a feature no longer exists which was a very useful feature. Before, if i had 50 new mail items, I could hold down shift and click the first and last mail item in the list and all would be highlighted and ready to delete. now, i no longer can do this but have to click on each of the 50 mail items. Tedious and time consuming. i really don't get why they try to "fix something...
I have a full beard. I stopped coloring my hair about a year ago. When I did I had a stylist do the coloring of both my hair and beard. I would go to the stylist every six weeks. At the third week, I would trim my beard and re-color with Just for Men. It was a good routine which worked for me.
Well, I've said it before but, with that current avatar of his, I will definitely click on any thread where Nantucket Red posts.
I now have both H&K and H&H in my collection. I have always liked the H&K but the H&H I bought recently at their sale price is definitely cheaper. So, for the money, those three H&H are the best shirts I own. I own Truzzi, Barba, Kiton, Isaia, Canali, etc. and like all of them. The H&H simply beat them in price. And, from actual mailing to receipt was one week.
About three or four weeks ago, I said, in another thread, that I had ordered 3 white twill shirts from H&H in their sale. I picked them up at the PO today, and I can honestly say that, at that sale price, they are the best shirts I've ever purchased. Certainly superior to those CF shirts I waited for for over a year and a half and paid 5 times as much for. And, the little touch I appreciate a lot is that they put their name on the collar stays!
gt: I may not think the reasoning you mentioned makes a whole lot of sense. But, in a very special way, that is what makes our Constitution so great. The exercising of a right doesn't have to make sense. And, more importantly, I would much rather have the right to make no sense in exercising my rights than not to have any of those rights at all. In a way, Clarence Darrow (I think) answered this when he said that he may not agree with what a person says but he'd defend...