or Connect

Posts by AIK1891

Has anyone received their clearance orders and been on the fence at all for quality/returning? I just received my Strawfut's and, while there are no glaring defects, there are maybe 7-9 really small minor defects between the two shoes (some heavy creasing in the leather, some sticking out threads, some pilling of the mesh material). Maybe I've been really spoiled by receiving perfect pairs up until now, but I'm waffling on this pair. The order said "Made for you in under...
I had two pair of too small down to the UPS store this morning to go back: Sapienza's that were too small but had to try to confirm size for a MTO, and the McGraw suede that my foot just wouldn't fit into (no slide from socks on suede v. on leather, so my high instep just wouldn't make it). But I'm at least replacing the McGraw's with a Players in the same Dark Chocolate suede, so I'll still have the shade in my rotation. That certainly cut down the number of AE shipping...
I kind of avoided the decision this week by picking up both a tan suede Amok and bitter chocolate suede McGraw, giving me a range in casual. The snuff suede Neumok would fit right in the middle as a three-model (boot, wingtip, loafer) three-shade suede trifeca you could go for? ... just sayin' (I already have something different in the pipeline for my snuff suede gap-filler)
(since my order included both possibilities) what the SA on the phone told me today:for pairs not yet shipped/billed, it was canceled and re-ordered with the discount for pairs just/already shipped/billed, a refund for the discount made
I just spoke with Allison earlier and the black unstructured boot I'm trying to come up with can't be done in the Black Wax Infused of the McTavish (I love the look of that one, but I can't wear it because of it being a firm make on the 5-65 last).   She suggested the black Dublin leather. Does anyone have anything in that color with an opinion on it? I'm coming up with a Chukkamok casual boot to come very close to black, but without being black (as black ≠ casual to...
man, these dilemmas this morning ...to start with, the additional sizes added just increased possibilities for me.the Amok shows up as there are now also some good options in snuff suede in my size, including both Amok and Neumok. BUT, I was just waiting final confirmation from Allison on a bourbon/snuff leather&suede MTO Sapienza loafer, so that would give me some coverage for snuff suede, and ALSO I had liked the look of the Fullerton in snuff suede(on an aside, anyone...
and I love AE's customer service (just got off the phone) ... over the weekend I ordered McGraw suede loafers and a pair of Strawfut's, both said "up to 8 weeks." The McGraw's shipped and charged yesterday (so note, "up to 8 weeks" can mean 3 days). Today 20% sale notice. So I call in and not only get the Strawfut's cancelled and then re-ordered with the discount, but they refunded the 20% that had already charged on the McGraw's. With that $90 add total savings on those...
well, seems simple enough that instead of you picking up the other pair for me, I can just take this pair to try. what last are they again(?) that I can double check against anything I might already have in the same last/sizes?
The orders on clearance items I placed today were both future deliveries, and it looks like an authorization for an amount was made, but, and if I recall correctly from previous such situations, while the initial authorization is made at the time of order, the actual clearing payment transaction goes through on each actual shipment (so, e.g., I've had one order of two pairs, one ships/charges at 3 weeks and the other ships/charges at 5 weeks).
I am not so terribly distressed about not being able to MTO at deep discounts; most of the flippant ideas I brainstorm in any given week are stimulated by the potential low prices and not really needs. The full-price orders I have in the works are long-term staples, hence my willingness to pay the full price. If anything, the deep discounts would spur me to make purchases I otherwise wouldn't.I wouldn't even be bothered by ordering through a store. My biggest priority is...