or Connect

Posts by trvlr472

I wouldn't waste the time and money.  They just aren't fully broken in yet.  My Classic Work Boots in brown smooth are the same way but as time goes on they get more and more comfortable.  They used to be stiff all over again after sitting for a few days but that is slowly going away.  For whatever reason my SJ's in black roughout haven't had that problem.  They were pretty comfy after about a month or so but i can still feel that they are slightly stiff in some areas once...
Since I joined this forum I have backed WAY off on putting crap on my boots.  For the last 15 years though my demands on footwear have been a little differnet than most because I've been driving a truck over the road up until recently.  I could have been down on the border of Mexico in AZ where it might be 100 degrees and in MT or ND two days later where it was at zero with a foot of snow or rain.  I didn't want to carry three pairs of shoes with me so one was all I...
I walk around all winter in slush, water puddles with diesel fuel in them and salty water and never have a problem with white spots.  I just LP or oil them when the water doesn't bead up when I wash them.  Every few months I wash them with Obenhauf's Leather Cleaner instead of plain water.  My Filson Chukka's lasted me about 7 years wearing them every winter all winter long in those conditions.  I'll see how long these White's hold up.  They haven't seen a full winter...
I wash mine with plain water every month or so.  Once the water doesn't bead up on the entire boot I oil them.  Come winter, I'll LP them instead of oil.  My boots get waterlogged with snow all winter long.  LP is a necessity.  If I lived where it was real dry, like AZ I'd just use oil..
I'm just joking, of course.  But that does seem "over the top".
That is just about the exact makeup I want in my next pair of whites whether it be Semi Dress or an Oxford.  I have the same problem you do.  Very wide foot at the front and narrower heal.  The two pairs of Whites I have now are standard 11.5 D which I decided on when I tried on a few pairs of White's before I ordered the CWB's and the SJ's.  Both fit quite well and I can actually get away with heavy socks in winter and thin socks in the summer with both pairs.  They are...
Depending on the leather you chose you might want to give them a while longer to break in.  My lined, oil finish brown CWB's are still not broken in up around the ankle and I have been wearing them a lot (like 12 to 14 hrs a day) for about 4 months now.  They are getting there but it's slow.  I do trade off with the smoke jumpers every other day or so now but for about 3 months I was wearing them I was wearing them every day for sometimes 20 to 24 hours.  Some of the...
I've owned one of those Sportsmans bags for over 10 years.  It still looks pretty much like new with the exception of the patina it has picked up.
 I've owned one for well over 10 years and it's been stuffed to the gills for just about every minute of that 10+ years.  It goes with me everywhere and I travel constantly.  Not so much these days but I did for the last 10+ years since I've owned it.  There are pics of it earlier in this thread along with what i have stuffed into it on a regular basis.  You won't wear that thing out anytime soon.  Just use the hell out of it and Saddlesoap the bridle leather once in a...
I use my CWB's for work and it doesn't take long for them to get beat up looking.  Those in the pic look about right for someone who actually wears them for work especially if they are in construction or something where they are crawling around alot and walking on uneven surfaces.  Mine get gouges and scuff in them but luckily brushing them and oiling them hides most of it.  I've been working on a dock lately and they are picking up a lot of "character".  Mine are oil...