or Connect

Posts by trvlr472

Those are a swing last without a doubt.  No way they are classic work boot.  I have both and that is not a classic 461 last.
I don't really think the swing last looks clownish it just looks "different".  My new swing lasted bounty hunters or custom SJ's, however you want to look at it are wearing in nicely.  They have a little ways to go though.  So far I can't really tell any difference between the last on the CWB's and the swing last but it will probably be a little while longer before the oil finish black breaks in.  Right now, they feel about the same.  The arch on the swing last is more...
Here are pics of my most recent pair.  They are getting comfy rather quickly.  I really like the lowered heel.  The swing last doesn't really seem to afford me any more room up front than the Classic does on my CWB's but these aren't broken in yet so I'll see. I'v only got about 15 hours in them so far and not too much of that was walking.
I decided to Obenhauf my new ones.  After touching and feeling them (pun) they seemed a little dry and the laces were so dry I couldn't get them into a couple of the hooks so they got Obenhaufed as well.  Tonight they'll be ready for another break in wearing.  I did two applications.  One yesterday and one today.  It made a big difference in how they feel.  They won't get another app for a while unless they dry up again.
These things are quite an experience to break in. I experienced arch movement as well but I think it's more the way the upper part of the boot fits as it's breaking in.  It moves your foot around in different directions as they form fit which is why, I think, the arch seems like it's moving.  Since feet get bigger as the day goes on that just adds to the weirdness. As I commented to Giraffe earlier.  These things are a hobby.  Not just a pair of foot coverings.  As a...
I'd wear 'em as much as you can for a month and if there is no improvement then you'll have to think about other avenues to solve the problem.  That oil finish leather is tough stuff.  I can tell you that I've had my CWB's for over a year and they are just now getting to be real comfy.  They haven't been sitting in a closet all that time either. I didn't have the problems with the footbed/arch you have though.  It took a couple of months for the footbed to get nice and...
I have a question.  I was told by the salesman when I bought my first two pairs of Whites that they get shorter with time.  I came across one post on this forum where someone said that is a joke and isn't true but saw another post where someone actually had to sell a pair he had after 10 years because they shortened up.   Does anyone know the real story?  Has anyone actually owned a pair of these long enough to see if that is true?
That does sound pretty severe.  I hope they work out for you.   What is the makeup of your boots?
Stepping on a broom handle sounds about right with my SJ's and now these new ones I just got.  It smooths out though. I had the pinky toe problem as well with the CWB's and now these.  it goes away as well along with the celastic toe edge clamping down on the toes.  The upper shaft is definitely what takes the most break in time in my experience as well.  I'm really liking the lowered heel as well.  It works well for driving when paired with the standard heel.   I wore...
Jeez, are you an engineer? ( I mean that as a pun, not as an insult and can explain further if necessary). My foot wasn't injured.  The problem went away shortly after the boots were worn and it has happened with two different lasts.  The Swing last and the 461.  There was another member of the forum some time ago that had the same problem. The celastic toe isn't the toe structure.  The outer leather or the actual boot is.  The celastic toe just reinforces the actual...