or Connect

Posts by trvlr472

When I bought my black roughout SJ's I asked what to do with them and the salesman said to do the same thing you do with anything.  Oil them or LP them.  That's what I have done and it works fine. I've even LP'd the inside of them once.  The LP will flatten out the nap though and it'll stay flat for a long time.  The oil not so much.
Get some spacers.  They'll help.  They did with my flat paddles.
I have wide flat feet.  The flat wide feet required me to use those spacers but only on the standard SJ's.  The other two pairs one with the swing last and the CWB's didn't have any problem with the arch in my experience.  Once they are broken in the spacers will probably not be necessary since the arch will settle down quite a bit.  I glued my spacers in and have no intention of taking them out because the arch is just fine in the SJ's.  Much more pronounced than the...
 You're toes have everything to do with your balance.  I would bet that has something to do with it.  Talk to anyone that has had their big toe or more amputated because of diabetes.  Without a big toe your balance is way off,  Having the rear of your foot locked in but the front of the foot free would definitely add to normal balance.  It's like your hearing.  When you lose it on one ear it affects your balance as well.  I'm the one that told you about the American Cowboy...
 White's builds hand made work boots and they are expected to have flaws because they are hand made.  None of the 3 pairs I have ordered have had any that I care about and if the next pair does I won't be worried about it.  If you consider that "stain" in the 3rd pic down a real problem then you are suffering from OCD.  Once you start using them for what they are made for which is real work, or hunting, or hiking or any activity that is similar that "stain" will...
 I've never had a pair of White's that were comfortable right out if the box.  Some people are lucky.  The only pair I bought that got comfortable once they were out of the box after being worn for a few days were the last pair I bought with the CXL upper and the black oil finish lower with the swing last based on the SJ.  My SJ's and CWB's took months.  Go back a page or maybe two and find my post to another poster who is having the same problem as you.  I did also with...
I hope they work for you!
 I couldn't tell you what they are actually called.  I bought my first pair and second pair of White's from "The American Cowboy" in West Bountiful,UT.  They have tons of White's in stock although I had to order the CWB's through them.  If I remember correctly the salesman's name was "Jed" but don't quote me on that.  It's been a couple of years and I don't live in UT anymore.  I could be wrong on the name.  He was quite knowledgeable about fitting and such.   When I told...
I LP'd all three of my pairs right out of the box.  But considering that I walk around in snow all winter long I kind of have to.  I noticed that my most recent pair needed a few oilings and some LP until they "got filled up".  Now it takes a while for the leather to dry out so they get an LP application or an oiling about every 2 months during the winter.  If you live in California you can probably get away with once or twice a year unless you live up north.
If I didn't ruin my CWB's doing what I did to them then you don't have to worry.  Mine were soaked through in sub zero weather repeatedly.  They got a really rough break in.  They were repeatedly soaked and dried many times.  They were LP'd regularly though through it all.  They are fine with the exception of those cracks that were starting.  Pretty much just wear them in dry conditions now.