or Connect

Posts by trvlr472

I'm no where near the shoe/boot aficionado the majority of the people on the this forum are but from what I've read and I've read every post on this forum CXL or the dress leathers sound like what you're looking for. When I can afford it I want a more casual pair myself and one of those two leathers is the way I'll go although I have also read that Bullhide is pretty durable and comfortable as well.  With Bullhide you just have to decide whether that texture is something...
That was my point.  The right tool for the job.  In my case I wear one pair of boots to work.  I may just use them on a dock or I could end up having to hop in a truck and drive 400 miles not knowing what the weather will be and never knowing if I'm going anywhere or not in advance.  I could be headed north, south, east or west.  Therefore, I'm stuck with wearing whatever I'm wearing for a couple of days.  It might just be real cold and it might be very snowy and it might...
I've been thinking the same thing lately.  Coffee every day or a bottle of 5hour energy everyday really adds up.  I make my coffee at home and only use organic now.  The worst thing about buying coffee just anywhere these days is that is flat tastes like shit.   That's why they have those tubs of flavorings next to the coffee everywhere.  To make the crap drinkable. It just isn't worth the 2 bucks.  I've had some so bad lately i jusrt throw it out.
It depends on what you're going to use them for.  I ordered oil finish on mine because I work in them and wanted the toughest leather they had.  If you're just going to use them for the office or casual wear you can get the pansy leathers such as CXL and slick as snot on ice leather soles. I can't wait for the flames from THAT statement.  Just kidding guys.
Thanks for reminding me.  Now I'm sick.  I could afford more than that.
That might be a good idea.  MY CWB's are almost a year old and have been worn a lot so I'm assuming they are just about as broken in as they are going to get.  I ordered them with brown oil finish and had them leather lined.  They are pretty comfy all the way around except for right up around the ankle at the top.  They are STILL quite stiff.  Now, it is possible they will wear in a little more and I don't know what anyone elses experience has been with breaking in the oil...
I have a pair of CWB's that have that exposed leather.  When I get them resoled I'm going to get a full rubber sole of some sort put on them.  That little exposed piece of leather, when you're not used to it, can be quite dangerous.  I almost slipped and fell on my ass a few times stepping on a wet pipe or something else slippery with that part of the sole.  I have also thought that if you're going to be wearing them in wet, snowing conditions it's best to have the leather...
Those ARE beautiful boots.  As far as the sole being stiff?  My Classic Work Boots have almost the exact same sole without the commando sole.  Well, wait a minute.  I just took a closer look at yours and it does look like there is a second layer of leather in the midsole that mine don't have.  I think I have the 269.  In any case, it has taken a long time to break them in.  I've had them about 8 months and wear them every day and then switch off sometimes with my SJ's so...
I use Obenhauf's on my brown Oil finish CWB's for scuffs like that.  Just put it on, let it soak in overnight and then brush it real good.  It works for me.  I don't know how it will work on the brown dress though.
Fantastic news.  It looks like White's and Bakers have come through.  I'll definitely be going through Bakers the next pair of White's I buy.