or Connect

Posts by trvlr472

Jeez.  I probably have 300 hrs on my brown smooth CWB's and the upper shaft is still stiiff when I first put them on for about 2 hours.
I bought a pair of SJ's about 9 months ago.  Mine fit the same way.  There is some heel slip but what I have noticed is that #1 they are intended to be worn with fairly thick socks and #2 I usually put them on and lace them up snug and then find that a few hours later they need to be retied to snug them up again then they stay that way.  My CWB's in brown oil finish are the exact same way.
I've got a pair of Classic Work Boots with the natural edge.  After getting them I searched around and couldn't find anything that was clear that I could use on the edges so since they were going to get dirty anyway I have been using Fiebings brown edge dressing on them.  It doesn't seem to do much of anything for sealing the leather or preserving it from the elements.  The edges on mine are dried out and rough but I do a lot of walking around in the snow and they get wet...
You're sure getting your money's worth out of those SJ's.  Considering what they look like not cleaned up you would have already used up a pair of lesser boots by now.
Believe it or not?  I was reading testimonials on the Obenhaufs website one time and there was a guy on there that uses it in his hair.  Sounds nuts but when you look at the ingredients it makes sense especially since leather is no different than our skin.  I think he even said he uses it as a lip balm as well.  The ingredients on Obenhaufs LP would work quite well for dry skin or hair.
Well, Dawn will definitely clean them up.  That's some strong stuff.  Years ago I was an automotive painter.  I did all the high dollar stuff.  Rolls Royce, Jags, Porsche etc.  We told all the customers never to use Dawn to wash their car with if the were in to waxing them because it takes the wax right off.  Nowadays there are all the specialty car washes designed not to take the wax/polish off.
As far as Obenhaufing the laces?  I've never done that.  I just oil them when they start getting a little dry.  I Obenhauf the boots a couple times a year and oil them the rest of the time if they seem to be getting dry.  If you go to Nicks site and look at how they recommend caring for their leather boots it's actually pretty intense.  Personally, I could never even imagine using Dawn dish washing liquid on leather considering it will degrease just about anything.  I...
Thanks.  I have the same problem some on the forum have.  The duck feet.  When I bought my Whites I didn't do tracings or even order them through Whites or Bakers.  I went to a store that carries them.  The salesman there explained how they should fit and I tried on a few different sizes and widths until I arrived at the 11.5 D that I ordered.  The arch in both pairs is in the right place.  The length is perfect and so is the width on both the SJ's I bought off the shelf...
What exactly is a heel clamp and can it be added after the boots are built?   I haven't decided yet because it is so slight but i have some heel slip in both my pairrs of Whites and have thought about getting the heel area tightened up when I have them resoled.
That's pretty funny.  I'd say that anyone who lurks here knows that mentioning Huberd's is good for a laugh.  It's similar to the cop in the Pink Panther movies decades ago when he heard the name, "Cluso"..