or Connect

Posts by trvlr472

I use Obenhauf's on my brown Oil finish CWB's for scuffs like that.  Just put it on, let it soak in overnight and then brush it real good.  It works for me.  I don't know how it will work on the brown dress though.
Fantastic news.  It looks like White's and Bakers have come through.  I'll definitely be going through Bakers the next pair of White's I buy.
That's actually quite easy.  When a company has to spend money on non-essential equipment like worthless safety gear, ridiculously high insurance premiums, bogus lawsuits, benefits that everyone seems to think their employer is supposed to pay for that they also think they are entitled to, office staff. lawyers and accountants to help them manage the maze of government regulations, tax law that money comes from somewhere.  To get the money employees end up working longer...
I don't post a lot here but i'll have to agree.  I'd be hoppin' mad if I went through what you are going through and doing it from China would REALLY, REALLY have me irate.  It's really gonna suck if White's goes down the tubes like so many others have.  I guess we better all get our Russel's and Wesco's before it happens to them because there seems to be a trend in this country with century old companies biting the dust.   I might also add (I'm not trying to get into...
I own quite a bit of Filson clothing and I have to say that their sizing is screwed up on a regular basis.  It's been a few years since i bought any but i can see that it is still a problem.
I forget the exact name of the company but it's something like Linefelts or what ever back east.  He recommends greasing/oiling/conditioning his boots while they are being broken in.  I did it to mine and it seemed to help quite a bit but then so many on this forum said too much of a good thing will ruin the boots so I quit doing it.  My CWB's have had 3 LP treatments and a few oilings since they were new and they are about 6 months old.  I did it to mine because when they...
That is probably the reason so many order CXL.  When I get around to getting another pair I'm not using for work I'll be looking at CXL.
Pretty much sounds like what I experienced for 3 months with my CWB's. It has pretty much all gone away but they are still a little stiff for the first 15 or 20 minutes when I put them on.  It was the outer ankle on the left boot for me.
I wouldn't waste the time and money.  They just aren't fully broken in yet.  My Classic Work Boots in brown smooth are the same way but as time goes on they get more and more comfortable.  They used to be stiff all over again after sitting for a few days but that is slowly going away.  For whatever reason my SJ's in black roughout haven't had that problem.  They were pretty comfy after about a month or so but i can still feel that they are slightly stiff in some areas once...
Since I joined this forum I have backed WAY off on putting crap on my boots.  For the last 15 years though my demands on footwear have been a little differnet than most because I've been driving a truck over the road up until recently.  I could have been down on the border of Mexico in AZ where it might be 100 degrees and in MT or ND two days later where it was at zero with a foot of snow or rain.  I didn't want to carry three pairs of shoes with me so one was all I...