or Connect

Posts by trvlr472

Those are beautiful, Ewing.  Damn, it makes me want a pair of Wesco's.
I have a pair of CWB's and from what White's say's on their website it's the same boot with a roomier last than the Farmer Rancher and a shorter height.  From what I have read the Bounty Hunter is an SJ with a different sole than the lugged sole.  It might have the SD last as well but I'm not sure. I could be mistaken so you'd better wait for replies from the experts.
Awesome because I've been driving the same '73 Caddy Coupe DeVille for the last 18 years.  I bet I'll get 20mpg with Huberd's!
I just downloaded that dissertation on preserving leather and am too tired to read it right now so my question is, "What are you doing using Huberd's if the dissertation has to do with silicone oil.  I went to Huberd's site and I don't remember reading anything about silicone oil in their mix. Go ahead, tell me I'm missing something or that I have to read the dissertation in full so I can see that at the very end there is a picture of a can of Huberd's, with a brush, as...
When I bought my SJ's and CWB's 4 or 5 months ago the saleman there told me to try on a few different sizes and then order the size that fit the best.  I only had SJ's to try on but I found the size 11.5D that fit the best.  He told me to make sure the arch support was in the right spot and then had me stand on a step with the boots facing down to see if my toes got crunched.   Once everything was like he said it should be I ordered an 11.5D and they have fit quite...
Yep, that stuff works.  Once you've lost it it does nothing but if you don't want to lose anymore it works great.  It ain't cheap but what is that's worth having.  I'm not even losing my hair and I used it for a few years just because it worked so damn good.
  I'm speechless. 

I have read about that procedure in numerous places online.  However, I also read an interview with the CEO of Whites and he said not to do that.  It will ruin the boot since they use nails to put them together and watterlogging a boot can cause the nails to pull out. You meay be referring to just wetting them real good but i have read posts and articles where they tell you to completely soak the boot and then wear it until it dries out.  The complete saturation of the...
After my post above and seeing a pic closer up I can say I would have no complaint with that shelf either.  My SJ's are just about flush but from an actual usage standpoint that shelf is just about perfect.  You will have fewer scratches and gouges on the back stay.  Those are damn nice boots.  I really like 'em. As for how far apart the eylets are?  That is good as well since they will stretch and they'll get a little closer together as they are worn.  The salesman where...