or Connect

Posts by trvlr472

Uh huh?  Now I get it.  No answer to my question because of the recent accusations from Blaster.  No problem.  I'm gone from this website.  The stupidity of "PC" annoys me greatly.  It's also unconstitutional.  That's a shame since White's has been in business since before the Civil War.
I have a question, Sambam.  Can a pair of boots be lined after they have been made?
I have a pair of Whites with CXL upper and black oil finish lower and I now understand why so many love the CXL.  My next pair for casual use may very well be the CXL  For use where severe durability isn't an issue I can see, and feel where CXL reigns supreme. I will say that it is noteworthy to order CXL lined even if extreme use isn't of a concern.  Not that I have had a problem with my CXL uppers yet. But I can see where it might be an issue in the future.  It does...
I own a pair of black rough out SJ's.  They are definitely more scratch resistant but do seem to "absorb" more as far as water and cold. If you live where it is warmer and don't walk around constantly in the ice and snow they work just fine.  Actually, now that I think about it the difference is almost non-existent regardless of it being wet or dry.  Rough out does hold the moisture of oil better and absorb it better than the regular leathers but when it comes to water?  I...
That's all I did and the next thing I'm jumped on.  I guess everyone will have to excuse my knowledge of "political correctness" as it has never been something i spent any time studying.because it is so detrimental to "freedom of speech".  It's a shame everyone is so overly sensitive these days "almost like children" when there are far more important issues to deal with.
 In Ogden, Ut there is the "American Cowboy" with about 100 pairs of White's sitting right there on the shelf.  That's where I bought my first two pairs.  The problem is that only very populated huge cities might have a store with White's on the shelf.  Not only that but they may "specialize" in a certain style so they won't have all the various "make-ups".  The "American Cowboy" stocks Packers and Smoke Jumpers but not anything else.  The salesman, Jed, was VERY...
Racial slurs?!!! Where?!  Right wing?!!! Where?  The last thing I am, Blaster, is right wing.  I can also assure you I'm no left wing, communist nutbag, like you obviously are. I'm just you're average American.  One of those people you clearly don't identify with.  I'd suggest a psychiatrist for someone in you're condition because you are imagining things. As I said, all I did was express my thoughts on "why" ABC Mart, a Japanese company, bought the parent company which...
I apologize.  I held back quite a bit as far as our communist/fascist government is concerned.  So I thought.  I just posted the facts and will not do it again.  So your feelings aren't hurt. At least I'll try not to.  I realize there are those that can't handle the truth or reality but make big bucks off the scam of selling America down the tubes. You go ahead and continue loving the government that costs you 3X what your White's Boots "should" cost!  What's the deal...
  You are correct.  The Japs make very high quality products.  From what I have heard ABC as well as other Japanese companies may invest or outright buy a company but they don't start messing around with who actually runs the company and start telling them how to run it or make things properly. That, is usually left up to the U.S. government, which has proven they couldn't manufacture a tennis shoe the right way if they tried. Nor a coat hanger. Let alone anything else...
 I don't have kids but one thing I do know about them is that they grow.  Best to buy the cheapest Chinese made junk there is for them until they get full grown (you can add style) and by that time?  They can pay for their own White's. As far as the heel separation is concerned.  The way I look at it.  If the new pairs I have bought are separating they aren't going to be able to fix it later on down the road.  They should have prevented the problem in the first place. ...