or Connect

Posts by hi-val

I'm guessing she looks like the Vice Dos & Don'ts? http://www.viceland.com/int/dos_dont...main.jpg?19872 http://www.viceland.com/int/dos_dont...main.jpg?19872 If so, all I can say is that she'll drop the act when she's no longer around other hipster douchebags in her city. Or after she graduates college or gets a legit job. Most people seem to dress better when they finally get a job that requires them to look good and they get some more money, but it doesn't seem like...
To get raw, you really need indigo dye. There are synthetic indigos, I think Dylon makes one. It isn't as rich as natural indigo though. The midnight blue dye that I used is pretty dark, and maybe doing all of just that would get a good raw color. If it isn't dark enough, you can always dye them with a pack of black afterwards. They faded where the fades were before, so they look both darker and naturally worn. When I get my camera up again, I'll take pictures of them...
Quote: Originally Posted by tatet aeropostale/acne/clarks Tell me more about the acnes. Where'd you score them? Are they corduroy or chinos? I need a new pair of khakis and those look nice.
Hey, was just about to link to my thread. Thanks for doing that, Ludeykrus : ) Several months of wear later, with several washes, the dye has faded out a bit, about halfway. They still look good, they've just got fading again. You can bleach your jeans to get them to take the color really well but that really, really kills worn fabrics since the bleach is harsh. You'll end up with fraying and decomposing fabric. Could be tried with thick fabric though. It'd take the...
Linseed oil is also used for waxing. My suggestion is that you go to a craft store and buy a piece of suede and try things that before you potentially ruin a wearable pair of shoes.
If they're canvas, then the combination of bleach + washing machine is unbeatable.
Carry a cell phone in your back pocket or in something else. The front pocket fade is baaaaad. Get a clip or a beener to put your keys on and hook that onto a belt loop. The wallet pocket will stretch out a bit, don't worry about that too much.
OH, for fermenting I have advice. Since you know about how to make it and sterilize, I'm sure, I'll just skip to making a cheap crock: Get a glass mixing bowl. Taller is better than wider. Take a plastic bag, like a cellophane veggie bag from the store that you put produce in, and fill it up with water. Put the cabbage in the bowl with the salt and spices and then put the bag over top. It's a weight that's form-fitting, so air doesn't mix in. The biggest advice I have is...
Most of the seeds I planted are growing. My bay laurel tree is putting on new growth. It's ridic hard to actually cultivate in this climate so that's a win.
The one comforting thing I can say is that relationships are like mobiles in that they are finely balanced and that when one small part moves, the whole part moves. If you change something about yourself, you disrupt the status quo of the other person. All you can do, basically, is change yourself anyway. I'd suggest telling her that you're looking to get in better shape and it'd be great if she wanted to be your health partner. I'd look at: -eating healthy meals while...