or Connect

Posts by hi-val

This will not end well.
You don't need an agreement in writing; there's an entire branch of law that deals with oral contracts. It makes things harder to prove if you don't have anything in writing, but it's still doable. What really matters is how you lent the money to her. Did you pay her bills, write a check for her rent, etc? There would be a paper trail you can access there. If you handed her cash, you're less in luck. You can recover in small claims court if you feel like you have enough...
Gap has most of their stuff in XS, J. Crew has some offerings too. Express has basic dress shirts in blue and white in XS. Lacoste's size 3 is XS. Mango carries XS but it's kinda pricey.
Understand the basics of sewing by going to your library and getting lots of books on it. If you can't find any books about sewing mens clothes, you can probably still learn a lot from a book about womens clothes or even general sewing. Really, your library is a huge, huge freakin' resource. If you find a book online that you'd like to look at but don't want to buy, you can get it through inter-library loan from your library. Sew a lot of stuff. Know that a stitch-ripper...
Next time, I'm sure you'll ask for price quotes upfront. You can even say things like "that seems steep, if I bring in more can you cut the price down a little?" They may be just charging enough to make it worth their time. $10 for hemming a shirt is outrageous. Find a girl at a local college with a sewing machine and pay her $20 to do four shirts.
History in the high academic levels is not politicized to the extent that you'd think it is. It's still a pretty rigid discipline, based on research and analysis. Sure, you'll have the teachers who tell their freshman classes about Columbus being an ass and stuff like that, but it's not too representative. Even over controversial things like the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, you end up with several well-reasoned arguments that leave you wondering which one you want to...
Coach and LV both decided to put out lower-cost products like wallets and those zip-up credit card holders that college girls are all about. Their reasoning was that a $110 card holder will get someone interested in the brand and turn them into a lifelong consumer. It seems, however, that doing that just opened their brand up and made it a lot more visible and a lot less exclusive. When someone in Indiana has your luxury goods, they're no longer luxury. I saw a woman at...
Quote: Originally Posted by James Gatz I agree with Conne in that many depression diagnoses are total b.s. There's a distinct difference between being sad and suffering from depression, and it seems like many people I come in contact with can't differentiate between the two. That being said, intense aerobic exercise always helps. Same for weightlifting. More caffeine (or less, or none at all, depending on your general state of...
Got their catalog in the mail yesterday. All the female models in it have hipster bangs. That's some entertainment right there.
Have you really never been in a car with a drunk friend who shouts things out the windows? That guy called you gay, then yelled at the next guy he saw with a girl to "fuck her raw tonight dude!" and so on. Drunk people shouting things out of car windows is nothing new or specially directed at dressy people.