or Connect

Posts by hi-val

Elegant Trim Sharp Rad Elite Fresh Or if you're around cultured people, then BCBG (bon chic, bon genre) but I'll give you a dollar if you ever use that one...
In a year, this may be like the Von Dutch hats that people find in their closet and wonder why they ever wore them... tagutcow, I couldn't place exactly why I didn't like them but you pointed it out. The designs are just really simple; you could probably find them airbrushed on a shirt at Myrtle Beach. If you remove the logo, you have yet another garish, tacky shirt sold at flea markets. I think we don't like these because we weren't the ones to come up with the idea of...
It's fashion in a box, pre-made and blandly seasoned so as to be just interesting enough but at the same time, sanitary.
This all looks fantastic. I'm predicting just about all of my spendable income to go here at some point or another. I'm curious-- are you ever planning on doing dress shirts? Finding ones that fit me can be very hard, and I'd like to help SFers if I can.
Another alternative for shotgunning is trap shooting. While dropping the money to go on a trip or budgeting the time for it may be a stretch, going to the trap range for a day to shoot clay pigeons is cheap and easy. It also gives more immediate satisfaction than hunting because you're shooting at a lot of targets. Know that becoming a good hunter can take years and thousands of dollars in expenses. Also, if you are interested in gun hunting of any kind, take a safety...
If you plan to do it, get a stitch ripper from a fabric store. I do a bit of sewing and I wouldn't suggest anything else. I've taken pockets off of clothing before and if you're careful, you won't scar things up that way. That said, embroidery is Serious Bizness. Mechanically done, it's done at a very high tension and so it may distort the fabric if you take it out. You might end up with a ghost image. If you're intent on doing it (which means that the clothing isn't too...
Polyester != bad all times. Sometimes, manufacturers put it in so that it doesn't wrinkle as much. You'll especially notice this in dress shirts. It may work to your advantage. Besides, nobody will notice, so it's a decision to make on your own whether or not you like the jeans, regardless of the kind of fabric.
My favorite jeans are from the thrift store and often from the Girls aisle. You've got to look at it differently; would you buy silver and china that someone else used? You're buying a really cool story : ) There's also some college rant in here about how the capitalist system makes you think that anything used is de facto worthless and that you should keep buying. It all comes down to this: if you like it, why do you care where it came from?
I'll get some pics of it unrolled up soon. Also, I have crew-neck sweaters; when wearing something with a collar, I make sure the collar is ironed and stayed and then keep the ends out. I've seen some people saying this is bad and others saying that untucked collars is good. I think it's a British look, which isn't a bad thing at all, and it's worked for me. I'm just ignorant enough though that I may be committing some serious fashion sin that I don't know about! Thoughts...
If you'd like to try non-liquor drinks, there are other options too. Sometimes all that alcohol can get heavy, or you want something with a fizz to it. Look for hard cider; ideally, you want local stuff. It's really quenching and delicious. There's also things like Lambic Framboise beer. It's a Belgian beer flavored with raspberries and it's really, really good. As for you and your friends not drinking beer, nobody likes beer at first. You hate it for four months while...