or Connect

Posts by hi-val

I was reading the WSJ today and bank overdraft fees popped up somewhere. I had this mental image of someone going into the bank to talk about $30 overdraft charges with their teller. The person asks if the teller is religious, then asks "are you familiar with the sin of usury?" Then there was some blank space in my imagination and the person was being led out by security. To be relevant, the most important phrase you can utter is "I would like to close my account."...
Steak au Poivre is often made like I said, but with the addition of crushed peppercorns in the pan sauce. Pepper is my favorite spice ever so I get a little nerdy about it, you'll have to excuse me. The other thing about adding pepper before cooking is that the heat you're working in will destroy a lot of the delicious pepper chemicals. I was imprecise when I said burning, I should have said that it mutes the flavor. You sometimes get actual burning on a grill, however....
ts4them, could you link to or sum up that mushroom soup recipe? It sounds pretty ridiculous and I'd like to give it a try!
Quote: Originally Posted by Surfrider I agree with you, and perhaps I should have been a little more detailed in my initial description of the guy in question. My passing of the "douchebag" judgment goes beyond the manner in which he chooses to clothe himself; that is simply an indicator of the douchiness within. The real measure of his quality is in his actions. For example, the class we share is quite full, and on the first couple days, some of the...
Nothing on the easel to the left or the cat food dish in the background? Really? It's ok, your astonishment will subside in a few hours and you'll have something snappy to say.
Quote: Originally Posted by jet A hipster's job is to differentiate himself and to try to initiate new trends. It's only natural for him to want to evolve once everyone starts assimilating to his likeness. Often their particular course of action is irony, hence the preppy approach in an attempt to be cool all the while remaining a walking paradox. Good way to put it. I was going to post that a lot of this stuff is driven by irony, from Mick...
I whipped up a butternut and acorn squash soup. Speaking of crisco, I made Alton Brown's recipe for fried chicken last night. It confrimed that it's about the best food out there. Right now, I'm frying bacon for grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches. Sometimes being trashy is really tasty : D
Manba, and Ganguro to an extent, are really fascinating fashion trends to me. This is because there's a deliberate de-emphasis on the clothes one is wearing. A lot of Manba girls just rock a pink shirt and white sweatpants. They take the extremes to their hair and makeup, as well as their tans. It's neat in the sense that it brings fashion beyond what one is wearing into how one presents themself. As an aside, I met Heidi Klum a couple of years back. She's about what...
Quote: Originally Posted by Maharlika ^^^ I think your true intent was to show us your belt that you thought was lost. This is more like your 'bum around the house' wear. Keep posting and be objective to the feedbacks you get. This is a good start and ultimately, you'll find a style that works for you! I respect you and I respect your honest post : ) I had lost that belt for nearly four weeks; it was under a pile of stuff in my bedroom...
This is a totally broad question. I suggest you refine things. What do you want to wear the belt with? What do you define as interesting? How much are you willing to spend? There are a lot of great minds on this forum (I am not one of them) but the only way to get their help is to be specific.