or Connect

Posts by hi-val

I tried to track down the WSJ article, but all I could find was a blog writeup on it: http://www.boxwines.org/articles/wsj...-for-weeks.htm They said the Fisheye Shiraz was a good wine that they would drink happily. Worth noting. If you want to sign up for the free 2 week subscription to Fine Cooking, you can read their reviews below or just note the ones they put in the picture (all rated drinkable to...
Wine in a box is actually the best way to store wine. The WSJ and Fine Cooking, among others, have reviewed box wine favorably. I think people who discount the wine based on its carrying vessel would rather be seen drinking the wine than actually enjoying drinking it. Off the top of my head, Block Wine is perfectly fine for a weeknight get-together with friends. If you're concerned about droppin' that box on the table, put the wine in a carafe or decanter and you'll be...
Secretly switch the coffee to decaf.
There's some new evidence on cholesterol in eggs that might bring one to re-evaluate their (lack of) consumption. Clearly, before doing a diet change like that, one should consult a dietician and doctor. That said, if I were in the situation of needing to cut back, I'd probably cut back a bit on beef and eat more fatty-acid rich fish (which I should probably do these days anyway). I think some sort of Eggs Benedict sandwich involving Hollandaise would probably be The Best...
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC When I was in college I thought I was so cool in the one I made that said "Who The Fuck Is Mick Jagger?" on it (after seeing a pic of Keith wearing one in the 70s). That's actually pretty rad. I might have to change my approach and do that one instead.
Eggs are only 70 calories and nature's most perfect source of protein! If I were cutting calories, I'd use less butter to cook them in and switch the sugar in my coffee for splenda. Breakfast sandwiches are ridiculous. I'm not so hip on McGriddles but just about any other combo of meat, cheese, eggs with a toasty starch matrix is delicious. I'd try to think of something that would be silly and good for breakfast, but I think that's the meal where people are most...
I'm thinking of silkscreening a shirt that says "Black By Popular Demand" and wearing it. Someone talk me out of it plz. <--- whitey
I got my Sperrys from The Sportsman's Guide. Google it, they're like $30 or even $25 sometimes if they have them in stock. And being someone who owns a sailboat and sails, the shoes are ridiculous. I love my Sperrys, worth it on water or dry ground!
Quote: Originally Posted by Asch I agree. Hard to tell from your stance, but it looks like the jacket is too big in the shoulders and arms. I like the color peeking out from your pocket, though Thanks for noticing the color! I wanted it to be very subtle : ) I have quite broad shoulders and the angle of the picture kind of amplifies it. The fit seen isn't quite the fit IRL. Probably a silly question coming up, but it's a 2-button...