or Connect

Posts by hi-val

I've worked in ceramics before and had a fair share of my things break and shatter. The whole equation is cost of repair= usability x invisibility of seams. If you want to use the china only for display, then there are a number of inexpensive things you can do. Epoxy will hold ceramic welds nicely, and even elmer's glue can hold it if you're not putting water in it. If you want the piece to stand up to close scrutiny by people who will be drinking tea out of it, I'm not...
Quote: Originally Posted by HomerJ Vey good article in Esquire about the show. http://www.esquire.com/features/predator0907 Just came in here to say the same thing. A thought experiment: has a crime actually been committed?
This will not end well.
Ah, I hadn't seen the money issue. I think the way to tactfully bring it up, if there's ever a tactful way, is to talk about the borrowing from Mom. Ask her if there's anything you can do for her, and be in a listening and not talking mode. I wouldn't even bring her husband into it unless she says something first. Remember, your problem is that you're paying Mom, who is, in turn, giving that money to Sis. This guy, although an attractive target for frustrations, actually...
Does your sister feel like this is a problem? I ask because things like this routinely come up in columns like Dear Abby, and the inevitable result is a case of Not Your Damn Problem. Your sister could have plenty of reasons why she's fine with him not working that she doesn't have to share with you. The situation is unfortunate but this sounds like a case of questioning your sister's judgement and feeling to a degree that you know how to run parts of her life better...
Isn't this yet another application of the 80/20 rule in sales and just about everything else? That is, 20% of the people make 80% of the money in the field?
Quote: Originally Posted by TheIdler ??? Toad in the Hole=sausages cooked in Yorkshire pudding batter What you described=Egg in a Basket, or Eggy in a Basket if you want to be all Stephen Fry about it Both of them=yummy Either name is acceptable. It's a regionalism. In the Commonwealth, it's often "egg in the hole" or "toad in a hole" is used to describe this dish. Though the sausages in batter is the more common application of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini Just what in the hell is this? This may apply in the case of tPF but does any one here know girls to act this way in the real world? A comment like, "Wow, I really like that red top" online in my experience sounds like the filtered version of IRL, "Wow, I really like that red top. Wonder where that bitch found it in that size. Slut." I learned from talking to many of the powerful female relatives in my life...
Quote: Originally Posted by UTVol085 They look alright, but the Nazis had the best uniforms of any other army in modern history. They got their style from the Italians. There's a story of Hitler going to meet Mussolini and he's wearing a suit and Big M has on the black and silver fascist uniform. Hitler remarked that he would never again wear a suit to meet the Italians; they had completely outdressed him.
You guys should check out Toad in a Hole. It's a British food, hence the name. You take a slice of bread, use a glass to cut out a big round hole in the middle, butter the bread and put it in a pan to fry. Then you crack an egg in the middle and fry that in the bread. Flip after a few minutes and fry the other side. It's like an integration of the egg directly into the toast. I like to put cheese and hot sauce on top of mine. I think it's a divine way to eat eggs and toast...