or Connect

Posts by hi-val

Quote: Originally Posted by Hegemon One on one, I get along with people gallantly. 2 people and me, I can still hold my own. Any more than 2 people in the conversation that I am not already friends with and I tend to withdraw. That's because you let yourself withdraw. If you tell yourself that with 3 other people, you'll still be fine, you'll, guess what, be fine. That you can actaully demarcate where your slip is very telling because it...
You want everyone there to wonder why she cheated on such a great guy. You don't want them to think she was justified in cheating on an angry, manipulative, vindictive and rude guy. If running into her was such a problem, the gentlemanly thing would have been to contact the host or, if she messages you, ask her and inquire whether she will be attending. Then say you're looking forward to it and then have something else that, unfortunately, just came up. There's an old...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrpologuy I don't see why so many folks on here defend these perverts. I have really big, Constitution-sized problems with what amounts to vigilante justice.
Dishwasher salmon!
In an effort to increase the signal to noise ratio in here... You don't need to change who you are to make people like you, you just need to show them things to like. I think you're probably getting into a self-feeding cycle that looks like: [people don't like me because they know I'm smarter] [oh great! party! I don't have to sit at home on a friday night!] [oh, get to party, I don't want to talk about plebe stuff with people] [nobody wants to talk to me because...
GS, I like that you're wearing chinos, demonstrating that they're not automatically "dress casual" attire. I like the modern look to it; was the crease a conscious choice? I'm moving away from creases in my slacks, but I like how it pulls together and raises the dressiness of your outfit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Renault78law I made this for the first time this morning. It was excellent! Topped it with cheese, Canadian bacon, ketchup and hot sauce. The concept is genius. My biggest criticism of homemade breakfast sandwiches is that the bread/filling ratio is too high. GREAT to hear that it worked out well for you! I like to take the little punched out piece of bread and toast that guy up too, good for dipping in the yolk.
Though I'm unsure of the quality, you can get some pretty stylin' and socially conscious shoes from Adbusters. I'm not sure if I buy into the political ideologies or motivations behind them, but at least they look neat: You can find more here. Hope this helps, I haven't had experience with them but just trying to pass on a link for what looks like an edgy shoe if you want an alternative. They also make a very Chuck-like sneaker if you look around their site for it.
I'm wondering if there isn't a quality difference that comes from making just one product. The Japanese denim brands, seem, and I may be speaking out of ignorance here, to only make jeans. They know jeans. They know what customers want, they know how to construct them and how to handle the materials. They've been doing it for awhile. On the other hand, if brands like Hermes and LV are dipping into denim to expand their brand instead of make it their brand, are they going...
Quote: Originally Posted by dusty Their argument is that the crime has been committed already by soliciting sex from a minor on the Internet. The actual capture is mostly for show I suppose (and the opportunity to pin some additional charges on these guys). The people they talk to are all over 18. They haven't actually solicited from a minor, just from someone they thought was a minor. I know the law still considers this a crime. Brian SD,...