or Connect

Posts by hi-val

Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn If Jeff wasn't kicked out last night, it would've definitely been Fabio. What a piss poor attitude. Dude thinks his food is beyond reproach. I loved it when the guest judge put his ass in place. The guest judge was beyond awful. When he did that "I know you're hearing me, but do you know what I'm saying" thing, I thought immediately that this guy was all about spewing pseudo-philosophical marketing and...
At 38Eu/kg, it's still easily affordable. How much meat are you using? It's a really rich dish, so you can use only a little beef and serve it as an appetizer with olive oil and shaved parm. Just running the numbers, your price works out to around $1.45/oz. If you're serving it for two people, I wager 2-3oz/person is ample. You're looking at something under ten bucks.
Really? I make mine 2:1 sugar:water and the amount of sugar in it kills anything that would live in it. I've had mint simple syrup in the fridge for awhile now. A lot of people are suggesting Hendricks for gin. I like it, but it's not exactly a classical gin. If you have people who like martinis, they might appreciate Tanqueray or Bombay instead. Now a bunch of people are going to post that they like Hendrick's martinis... Another thing to have is a nice knowledge of...
Esquire had an article on the best stuff for under $15 this month. All I remember was that their gin was Gordon's and their bourbon was Evan Williams. I stand by both of those. I suggest having a whiskey/bourbon, vermouth, gin, rum, vodka and tequila. You can skimp on the last three on the list but the first two need a bit of attention and selection. Past that, have a bottle or two of something nice you can bring out; Tanqueray for a martini, Chartreuse or Ron Zacapa for...
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFrog +1 on this thread. Anyone know any brands that make slim/skinny fitting chinos/cords/twills? The cheaper, the better, too. Jcrew is you friend on this one. If you get on their email lists, you'll frequently get 20% off offers or free shipping. Their classic fit is slim(mer) and they give a 15% student discount if you go to a store and buy something and mention the discount.
I think the reason you use olive oil is because it's delicious : ) A big one I want to add is that you should get a handle on baking bread. It's not that hard (really, it isn't) and you get total control over what goes in and what comes out. There's absolutely no good bread in my city, so I had to start baking my own. If this schmuck can do it, so can you. It takes about 20 minutes total at night to get things mixed up and fermenting and then another half an hour of time...
It's been pretty bad for this one and the last, at least. I didn't follow seasons 1 and 2. These folks are just awful at being creative, don't taste their food and don't let the ingredients speak for themselves.
Great! Some of the pictures apparently no longer load, but they're the nonessential ones.
That one girl cooks scallops for EVERYTHING. I think she's made at least 6 scallop dishes so far. The preview for next week shows Fabiano talking trash about her using scallops all the time. Fabio and Stefan were genuinely funny at the start of the episode. I definitely think the fridge door being open was staged. And the product placement in the show is unreal. The Diet Dr. Pepper in the background, the racks of Gladware. It's interesting that you don't see zoom-ins on...
Nabbed the white Cotton/Cashmere V-neck and the powder blue (sorry, "Heather Glacier") C/C cardigan. Will post fit pix when they get in. I got them in XS and I'm usually an XS, so we'll see how their measurements hold up.