or Connect

Posts by hi-val

There have been literary/historical studies that point to the idea that Machiavelli was writing a satire in The Prince and not actually a guide to the state. Things like his praise of Cesare Borgia and the recommendation of arming the peasants speak to the idea that he's anti-dictatorial. It would have been seen as a satire in its time, but the topical humor may have worn off. If this seems odd, remember that John Swift didn't advocate innovative Irish nutrition solutions...
Quote: In the current study, Chi-Tang Ho, Ph.D., conducted chemical tests among 11 different carbonated soft drinks containing HFCS. He found astonishingly high levels of reactive carbonyls in those beverages. These undesirable and highly-reactive compounds associated with unbound fructose and glucose molecules are believed to cause tissue damage, says Ho, a professor of food science at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, N.J. By contrast, reactive carbonyls...
Humans exist as CUBICS, not entities, for the 4 corner stages of rotating human metamorphosis do not occur at the same time for the individual - except for family Cube. You are educated stupid, indoctrinated evil, and can't even acknowledge that a mother and baby are the same age - on opposite corners of a Cubic Creation Principle - for Truth in Opposites contradict a god entity. Evil educators suppress Cubic Creation and preach evil singularity to dumb students...
Quote: You said it's not almost devoid of any nutritional value and quoted a study that found monounsaturated fat lowered LDL levels as a counterargument. I know you're a smart guy so I know you can tell the difference between compelling reasons why something is good and reasons for using something when you don't already. I'm sure you're familiar with the J-curve studies showing that a glass of wine a day has a correlation with living longer, and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by why No, that's guar gum. I stand corrected. Quote: Originally Posted by why I said 'next to'. The vitamin E is miniscule compared to what can be obtained from other foods for far fewer calories, and monounsaturated fats are present in almost all fats. Lard is over 50% monounsaturated fats. I guess we have different ideas of "miniscule" then. If I have to eat X calories a day to...
Yeah, Xanthan Gum comes from trees. It's not some freak food additive. The problem is things like nitrites in bacon is that there are studies pointing to the production of carcinogens in the meat when it's heated at a certain temperature. I don't want to be endangering myself like that. However, there is an element of knowing just enough to be profoundly ignorant about what you're doing. Ignoring foods with long chemical names that sound scary is one expression of...
Pay good attention to labels. There are some companies making things that are preservative-free, like salad dressings. If you use dressing, you can vote with your dollar and encourage these companies to continue to manufacture preservative-free products. I'm shocked that you don't buy few-ingredient bread (wheat, yeast, water, salt, a little sugar) and such already. I guess my eating patterns are different than most people though. I don't want to come off as a food...
I've been wearing the hell out of these: The picture does no justice. Sperrys only get better with age and I've found that they're great for a transition to a little bit nicer look too. Amazon has them for forty buxx so they're easy on the wallet. I haven't looked at their other designs but I'm sure they're of similar price.
I'm considering spraying a tight raw pair I have with water from a spray bottle and then wearing them outside during active hours. I'll let you know how it turns out. Wearing them while you sleep might help too.
In with banana hammock before someone else is. Boxers bunch up a LOT in slim pants. Might as well get the freeballing joke over with too.