or Connect

Posts by briancl

Quote: Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 The soldiers are another matter entirely. I find myself wondering the same thing. These soldiers probably die anyway. So the future hasn't been altered. Also, it is possible to make slight changes, but fate will always course correct. If you save someone's life, then something else will kill them. If you try to kill someone who is alive on the other side, then something/someone will intervene to...
Quote: Originally Posted by sfnewbie Did it ever explain how Ben got off the island? And I think Hurley is hilarious. Without him the show would be too serious imo. ben turned the wheel and landed in the desert.
Quote: Originally Posted by vitaminc what's the typical lead time from ordering to shipment for pediwear? 2 weeks from order to delivery for me.
Updated with 1/26 Conversion Rates. Everything is a few bucks cheaper than last week: Shoe cost + Shipping cost * Foreign Currency Transaction Fee * Conversion Rate = Total cost Benchgrade (Hallam): Plal: 1199MYR + 115MYR * 1.03 * .276 = $373.54 Pedi: 216.51GBP * 1.03 * 1.38 = $312.21 Handgrade (Audley): Plal: 1499MYR * 1.03 * .276 = $426.13 Pedi: 306.08GBP * 1.03 * 1.38 = $435.06 Pedi w/ Pricematching: 1499MYR * 0.200 * 0.95 * 1.03 * 1.38 =...
This season started with two hours paced like late-season episodes. Great start.
Quote: Originally Posted by Doral How did Pediwear handle the customs charges on your shipments to the U.S. Did you have to pay anything when they arrived? No customs charges. The shoes arrived in the original box wrapped in a couple layers of heavy paper. No customs due upon delivery, and no customs invoice received 2 months after delivery.
I did an update from my previous calculations with today's conversion rates (Jan 20 2009). I ordered a pair of Hallam's back in November from Pediwear. The order to delivery took about 2 weeks or 10 business days. I was charged $330.46, and my calculations on that day estimated the cost to be $330.78. There were no customs charges. I chose to do the updates with today's drop in the pound. The conclusions have not changed: Pediwear still offers the best prices on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I don't mind depressing, per se, but they really need to tie up one or two loose ends. Good grief. We have 9 more episodes.... I think mid-season loose ends are to be expected.
I use yelp all the time for Chicago. I don't always worry about the rating, but I do usually glean some kind of useful information from the written reviews such as a good night to go/avoid, overall atmosphere, what kind of service to expect, etc. I have also found a few miscellaneous services through yelp such as a handymam, dry cleaner, and locksmith. The services rendered were quite excellent and affordable, and I'm not sure if I would have had as much success if I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thracozaag Question: Wouldn't Tigh and Adama REMEMBER what Ellen looked like when was around the supposed age of the Sixs? The aging question of the final 5 has not been answered. A point was made by Adama a few episodes ago that he's known Tigh for 30 years and he remembered him when he had hair.