or Connect

Posts by briancl

Quote: Originally Posted by javyn As an app launcher? What do you do hit the windows key then arrow and enter your way to the app you want? Something tells me you're a *n*x user rather than Windows. I use Quicksilver as my app launcher. No arrows. A few keystrokes maximum to open any app, move files, take screenshots, send an email, write a note/todo, open a bookmark, run a command, etc. I've been a Windows and Linux/BSD user for...
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn I used to have that attitude, but have come to find that a mix of both keyboard shortcuts (hotkeys), AND using the mouse is most efficient. At least in the Windows 95 - XP GUIs. The right mouse button makes the mouse an incredibly efficient and powerful tool in the Windows OSes. 90% of the time when people at the office ask for help on the computer on how to do something in any application, having them simply...
Quote: Originally Posted by JD_May Stewart is not a dumb guy. He's a comedian, so he probably doesn't know what he's talking about half the time, but he's not stupid. This is a really well-done interview, despite the frequent cutting to tape... so much of cable news interviews is talking points and yelling over people who rather than answer the question begin their response with "I think" and then go off on a tangent. Jon really does hammer Cramer pretty...
I used to watch TDS every day for a few years, but I stopped around 2 years ago. I just don't enjoy it like I used to, and I have had better things to do. However, the past week displays that there are still some people that get it. Maybe Jon Stewart isn't a highly reputable investigative reporter, but at least he can shine the light on the investigative reporting gap in financial news. And Cramer is only partially to blame here, but I respect the man for trying to...
I use Safari 4 on my MBP w/ Glim for a few tweaks and I use GlimmerBlocker to handle the add blocking (it's a proxy, so it works on all browsers). I use Firefox 3.0 on my Windows VM and Linux T61. In Windows and Linux, I find that Firefox is fastest, and the wealth of plugins makes it the best browser overall. In the native MacOS environment, I prefer Safari because it seems a bit quicker and does a better job rendering fonts than Firefox; however, its...
I ordered one.. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
Price drop on all items!
I consolidated my various threads and dropped the prices. Everything was worn by me, a non-smoker, and everything was kept in a non-smoker home. I accept Paypal and Google Checkout.. PM me for the info. I can usually ship same day as long as payment arrives by midday. I am located in Wicker Park in Chicago if anyone wants to arrange to pick up an item. I measured all of these items with the following methods: waist of jeans: top of waist band all the way around thigh of...
I put together a quick and dirty spreadsheet to help out with pricing, shipping, and exchange rates for Plal and Pediware. It provides prices with real time exchange rates and the 5% Pediware pricematch and discount. You may find it helpful.. more info: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...3&postcount=72
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbjorn Unless it was on gravel, that Z06 driver had to be adjusting his dash vents or something. I love the STi, and I'm pretty partisan (I race cars for Subaru Rally Team USA), but on tarmac, the C6 Z06 is on a completely different level than either an M5 or an STi. In my experience, the average C6 Z06 owner just babies the thing around the track anyway. Coast through the corners and then drop the hammer on the...