or Connect

Posts by briancl

Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh I did 20 years in a Malmo prison for murdering a Turk after he tried to use loaded dice in a nice little game in Stockholm. All in all prison wasn't too bad. Excellent cuisine but a bit boring. Fine meats and fresh fruits and vegetables but no variety. They could have done Chinese or Tex-Mex occasionally. Wines were excellent, though too many whites and not enough attention paid to the vintages! The women were...
I sometimes go out for a drink on St. Patricks day, but I am not compelled to do so with any regularity. I was driving back from a friend's house this evening, and I was driving through Wrigleyville where all the fresh college graduates hang out. I saw many people having fun and obviously drunk (at 9pm on a Tuesday), but I did not feel like I was missing out on anything.
Quote: Originally Posted by embowafa To my knowledge, the only difference in hardware is the 3G antenna and GPS. Come to think of it, original iPhones that are hacked/jailbroken are able to send MMS with no problem, so it can't be the hardware. Apple claimed that the radio is different in 2G iPhones and could not support MMS using the iPhone 3.0 software. Who knows...
I try to be healthy in all aspects of my life, and spending time in the gym is certainly an important part of that. I find that there is some sort of positive feedback into the rest of my effort to be healthy when I am more committed to my gym workouts. Simply, when I work out more, I want to eat healthier, drink less, get good rest, and generally take care of myself to make sure I get the most out of my workouts. I think being healthy also plays a role in a positive...
Quote: Originally Posted by A Y Only a poor artist blames his tools. http://photocritic.org/amazing-iphone-photos/ --Andre Most of those pictures are incredibly small. If thats the best an iPhone can do, then it doesn't impress me.
It is free for all iPhone owners and it will be released in June. It will cost 10 bucks for iPod Touch owners.
these are sold, sorry
I don't like the rear end. This is a huge step up from the prior incarnation, but it still doesn't appeal to my eye.
Quote: Originally Posted by Berticus What distribution do you use? You sound like someone who would favor awesome/xmonad/musca/wmii/dwm/scrotwm/ratpoison/larswm/stumpwm For me it was sort of opposite. I fell in love with the idea long before I tried it out. I use Gentoo. I cut my teeth on Slackware, then found Open and FreeBSD and fell in love with ports. When Gentoo was created, I jumped back onto the Linux bandwagon, and I still...
Quote: Originally Posted by dlion0721 I find it amusing that Jon Stewart is complaining that CNBC didn't accurately predict this financial crisis. Nobody did and hindsight is 20/20. I lost complete respect for Jon Stewart in that interview last night. I know he is a comedian but you can treat people with a basic level of respect. To say it is CNBC job to monitor the financial institutions in this country is ridiculous. If you want to get onto...