or Connect

Posts by briancl

Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara ...is hilariously vague. Yes, I know they are saying numbers will be released next week, but why release a 19 page rag without the freaking numbers? http://www.gop.gov/solutions/budget/...recovery-final Essentially, they advocate lower taxes...lower taxes...and, wow, lower taxes! But where's the serious talk of cutting spending? Why would we want similar spending outlays but even lower revenue? Watching Mike...
Quote: Originally Posted by crazyquik The SEC actually employed more people in the post-war era (1945-1950) than they do now. Granted, technology has slashed a lot of the work that used to be done by hand, but still . . . Other than calculators, I don't think the SEC is really taking advantage of much post-war technology. That was my other primary point, and I think the transparency created by standardized data would have drastically changed...
I think expanded regulation would have done very little to prevent the catastrophes of the past few years. The existing regulators cannot do their jobs, so how does giving them more power help? They need better resources (competitive pay to private sector) and more visibility into the financial organizations (standardized/electronic reporting).
Ben can't die. Sayid always shoots him. Ben always survives. But how? The kid was shot in the heart. The only way out of this is for there to be some major curveball.. maybe that wasn't Ben Linus. Or he was wearing a bullet proof vest.
Personally, I think everyone has gone overboard with the hugging and kissing and other social "norms". I see my family a few times a year, when we see each other, we hug, sure. I see my friends multiple times a week. I just don't see how this calls for the same kind of greeting. I don't need to physically embrace a friend and put my lips on their face every time we greet or part. The handshake has gotten a bit out of control, too. If it's convenient or some...
I think all this stimulus mixed with strange incentives (taxes, cheap money, etc) will drag out the bottom. If the market were free to correct, it would probably go down another 10% in the next 18 months, but instead, we'll just see 0% growth for 3 straight years.
Quote: Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe I have no problems with At&T....they're considerably better than the carrier I was with before (Sprint). Plus the use of relying on SIM cards is a big improvement. I guess it helps when your expectations are already so low. The iPhone is the best phone on the market for most users, but its on one of the worst networks if you care about data speed and signal strength, both of which are crucial to...
Much of the questions are answered with some religious reason. Starbuck? God did it. Virtual Six and Baltar? God. Hera? God. Finding a compatible planet? God. Basically, from how I see it, God planted the seeds throughout the last couple thousand years to steer the right people to a fresh start. His plan would have included the near extinction of the human race and the eradication of the Cavil-lead cylons, so the few remaining cylons and humans can find earth...
Quote: Originally Posted by IUtoSLU Fries are finger-food in 99.9% of situations. If I was with the queen of England and she used a fork, then I would too. Eating fries without a fork may be appropriate 99.9% of the time, but maybe ordering fries isn't always appropriate. I don't really like how some people cut up all of their food before eating it. It doesn't bother me that much, but I don't understand why people can't use the knife in...
We take meaningless tests and follow draconian rules throughout our entire education. What is one more silly test? I realize it might be unfair across racial boundaries, but she needs to learn how to prioritize.