or Connect

Posts by briancl

Although it doesn't hold a candle to the Lebanese food I used to enjoy in Detroit, Semiramis is the best I've found in Chicago. It's on Kedzie next to the Brown line stop just south of Lawrence.
Make sure you get the Fatwallet.com 1% cash back. Every penny counts.
Quote: Originally Posted by ArtisticShowcase Portishead - "Third" Santogold - "Santogold" Vampire Weekend - "Vampire Weekend" Metronomy - "Nights Out" Justice - "A Cross the Universe" Rachael Yamagata - "Elephants...Teeth Sinking Into Heart" Brian Eno + David Bryne - "Everything That Happens Will Happen Today" That justice album is really just a tour album from their 2007 release "Cross" I saw them perform on that tour, and it was a...
If you are eligible, corporate rates downtown are usually around 135-175.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim <--- lols at the thought of being in "I.T." being a measuring stick of hacking capability. Couldn't be more true. It's usually the "I.T." departments that are responsible for creating the opportunities for attack.
Quote: Originally Posted by Magician I think Cut Copy is one of those massively overrated pfork hype bands, but the Tellier album is excellent. Cut Copy puts on a good show. For that reason alone, I give their albums a listen every now and then. Also, Jamie Lidell is AMAZING live. His music stands on its own, but his performances put him in a different league. I am shocked to not see his "Jim" album from this year on more lists.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 First time I've thought "wow, not bad" when looking at TaT fits. Smahatma, did you self measure? Amazing what a good picture can do.
Today and in the future, most hacks will be perpetrated through client-side weaknesses. Just today a big IE client-side exploit came out. The best things you can do to protect yourself against these attacks are stay patched, use anti-virus/anti-spyware/anti-malware, and use modern browsers. Update your web browser EVERY time there is an update. Avoid IE if possible. But that will only get you so far. Your computer may be ultra secure with firewalls and 0-day patches,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 Thanks. At least one serious response. I personally thought it was a great made for HBO film. Looks like no one else caught it. Honestly, the series did not have the look and feel of the tight production I typically associate with HBO films. Maybe they didn't have the budget or they simply bit off more than they could chew. However, I did enjoy the series, and it did illuminate some things. It reinforced...
Quote: Originally Posted by NaTionS Am I missing the significance of the blood dripping on the dress at the end? It can't be the Skinner's blood. Maybe it's just foreshadowing that Dexter's gonna kill again in the future? To me it said that the each have their own secrets (hers being a previous marriage, his being murder). This sort of wrapped up that story line about her first marriage. It also foreshadows the killing yet to come.