or Connect

Posts by BestInTheWorld

Well, I went into a Zara yesterday and came across their "Black Label" items like blazers and a few other things. I noticed their blazers are actually made of 100 or 88% wool which is a relief. Out of curiosity, I put on a dark blue/navy blazer and it looked good and draped well and the fit was perfect. I was VERY tempted to buy it, but I had no money on me lol   Anyways, how is their BL line?   I am not a fan of Forever 21 either. That crap is a league below H&M and...
Hmm, I suppose I will have them opened then, as I don't want them left closed if they are NOT meant for decorative reasons. Of course, I won't use them, but then again, I don't use my dress shirt pockets and those are always open.
Don't get me wrong, a lot of the stuff they have are well fitted as I am slim, but I can't help but talk myself out of buying something after looking at the composition of materials and seeing the price tag. I've bought some colored tees before but that's about it. Lots of poor stitching in general and lots of viscose, rayon and polyester. Maybe I'm a snob, but I only stick with 100% wool and cotton. No more blends for me.   The fit for Mexx, for me, is better than Zara...
My tailor basically convinced me to only have the "x"'s removed from the back of my blazer and the chest pocket opened, and insisted the 2 flap pockets on the bottom front remain the way it was-- closed. I did a search shortly after I left the tailors and realized one is not really supposed to use the front pockets, but one should have the stitching removed from the flap pockets, regardless.   Also, when it comes to vests, I don't really plan on using them except maybe...
I have never been to a tailor for more than hemming (e.g. jeans) or opening up my blazer's pockets.   I also have never owned a waistcoat/vest before and the one I have purchased is a 36R. My blazer is a size 36R from Club Monaco and it fits perfectly. I am considered slim/skinny, so most of my clothes are either XS or S, and can fit in either a 34 o 36 jacket-- depending on the brand.   How easy is the fix for the chest area of a waistcoat, as the armhole area is a...
I will post some pics in the coming days. i can assure you guys, no one here will fall head over heels for my style, as my style is very conservative and classic and really isn't anything you haven't already seen.   I am scared some of you will not be impressed and I may feel bad about my clothes and myself.
 I am walking by and their heads literally turned as to do a double take. I've done this a few times myself in the past when I see a guy wearing what looks like a bespoke suit, or a young woman who is wearing something very nice and classy, out of the norm/ordinary.
I notice a lot of men, women-- college aged to mid 40's, and teens (high school age) checking me out when I walk by them on the street, while they are either standing waiting for a bus, ride, or just having their smoke break.   Being someone who is still kind of new at this whole "dressing to impress" thing, and for someone who has social anxiety disorder... it was both a great confidence booster and something that makes me have butterflies. I am VERY self conscious....