or Connect

Posts by Warpiper

Phidauex, here's a way to lace your tongue in so it isn't all over the place. You can do this without punching new holes into the tongue. Once you run the laces through the holes in the bottom of the tongue and through the bottom grommets, run the lace through the loop in the tongue on the way to the second grommets. I will try to add a picture.
Neognosis, if you still have those boots, they would fit me. Just saying...
Fasthall, Kyle just said that Whites is almost out of horse hide and what they have is black. I was under the impression you wanted brown.
I put in new laces (they come with classic work boot style and leather) and I trimmed the points off of the tongues.
So, I got a new pair of White's. They were designed in conjunction with a local entrepreneur who has a shop where they design, make and sell leather goods. The name of the shop is Thrux Lawrence in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I've had mine for a few weeks and they are awesome! This is my third pair of White's and all have been a little different. I love the Cuban heel and this pair has the block. I was afraid that I would really notice a difference but I didn't. They also have...
IIIrd Icon, I have loved the laces on your SD since I saw the first picture online! Where did you get them? I have several pairs of boots they would look great on. I have a pair of boots that had a horrible crepe sole so I had it switched to leather with cat paw heels. I think they wear faster but I love the vintage look. I also have a pair of Chipewas that came with a rubber sole that I changed to leather with a Goodyear raptor sole. Totally changes the look of the boot....
I am a metal fabricator and I wear the semi dress to work every day. I have a steel toe in British tan and water buffalo. Trust me, they are substantial. They are the heaviest pair of boots I own in their particular height. Of course I have knee high steel toes that weigh more but my White's are plenty tough. I'm on my feet all day. I have been doing this for twenty years and these are the best work boots I've ever had. That being said, I wouldn't wear them with a suit. If...
I would delete the hooks and go with eyelets all the way to the top so you don't have to worry about the hooks catching on your suit pants. I love the Cuban heel but you might go with the block heel. I think it looks more dress shoe than the Cuban. I'm not sure that would be great for walking as far as you do, though. I have the standard heel on my work boots that I wear all the time and they are very comfortable.
I wear a 9.5 D in everything but White's. I wear a 9.5 E in White's. Otherwise, my toes rub. Too bad. Probably for the best, marriage wise.
Linafelt, I love your black boots! Kind of remind me of my dad's old army boots. It's hard to tell from the angle but it looks like a lowered block heel, which I don't normally like but it looks good on those. I also like the contrast between the black leather and the natural sole.