or Connect

Posts by Warpiper

Gregornz, I thought that I replied to this but I may have pushed the wrong button. Oops. I think those boots are cool but I would have the toe cap match the shaft. That way it breaks up all the yellow that will be showing under your pants. I would leave the backstay as it is. I like the contrast. Whatever you do, I'm sure you will be thrilled when you get them. Congrats!
Matt, those are super looking boots! Do they seem pretty warm?
I'm sorry that I wasn't clear and I really do appreciate the input. When I was sized (both times) it was after working. Standing on cement all day . I wore the socks that I normally wear to work. When the salesman took my measurements, he wrote them on the order sheet. He didn't say anything about the size because I would have commented that the first fitting was wider than my normal. The reason I got fitted the second time was because I was afraid the steel toe would...
I don't want to add to the growing concerns over quality control in American manufacturing in general, or any boot maker in particular but I find myself in a bit of a dilemma. I am fortunate enough to live around thirty miles away from White's so I don't have to deal with tracing my foot on paper and then asking people how White's compares to Tricker's and Alden and Allen Edmonds, etc. And then worrying for sixteen weeks whether the boot will fit. I went to the showroom...
I'm glad to see that there are others who are as enthusiastic about their boots as I am. My wife has probably never taken a picture of any of her shoes. I have over a thousand pictures of shoes on my iPad. A lot of them are mine but I occasionally save one I see online (mostly from this forum:)) sometimes, for fun, I watch a slideshow of the pics and play a game I like to call "mine or theirs?" where I have to figure out if they are my boots before the next pic comes up....
I had the same problem with both pairs. I was afraid when i first tried them on that I wouldn't be able to wear them. Don't worry, it will get better.
I received my SD. Exactly thirty-one days from order. I love them! The only problem is that I can't wear them. Big toe on left foot rubs on the steel toe. I don't know if, as they continue to break in, things will change. I know the steel won't stretch. Maybe I should take them back and have the steel replaced with double celastic?
I think that color scheme would be awesome! I ordered a two tone pair of semi dress for which I am currently waiting. I can't wait to see pictures of yours.