Posts by Warpiper

I have a pair that has the single leather sole and I love them but at some point I will look into getting them resoled by Brian the boot maker in Los Angeles. You should check out his work. The new MP boots remind me of the two pair of White's/Thrux Lawrence boots I have, except they have a cap toe.I would use Saphir neutral on the Red Dog leather. Then you don't have to worry about wrecking the color.
Oh, I forgot to mention the dress laces that come with the SD boots that split in half the second they come in contact with a speed lace hook!
Broken Oracle, I think that the 1000 mile laces are about the best around. I have them in my steel toe White's. (and in my 1000 mile boots). Laces are one thing that I have always been disappointed with when it comes to White's. I'm always afraid that the leather ones will break and I don't really dig the vibe of the yellow ones. One of the first things I do when I get a new pair of White's is change out the laces.
B-Ewing, I love your new boots, they are beautiful! I have some that are very similar: water buffalo in a London tan. I recommend using Safir renovator and neutral polish. I absolutely love their products.
This is exciting Oxford news! I can't wait to get some! I told my wife about it and she said maybe I could get some next Christmas. I think I'm going to have to start squirreling money away now. I can't wait that long! I wonder if I wear them to work if I can write them off as a business expense?
Linafelt, I like the looks of the boots and your trousers, as well!
Tocohillsguy, Sambam gave us a very useful guide to lasts a page ago. The 461 is probably the last for which you are looking.
So, here is a funny or sad little story: I was at White's the other day to take a pair of boots in to be repaired. I dropped them off and gave them my contact information and then, since I was there, I had to take a look at the boots. I was just looking around, minding my own business and a woman came up and asked if she could help. I told her I was just dropping off some boots and taking a look around. I said "so, you don't make oxfords anymore, huh?" she said "No, we...
New boots on. I really love them! They are from Thrux Lawrence in Coeur d'Alene, ID.
The toes and uppers on these are British tan. The vamps are water buffalo. I have been working in these for three years.