or Connect

Posts by Warpiper

^^onimpulse, I absolutely love those boots! I can't wait to see how the age. I hope you are very happy with them.
Yes, it's paracord. I like to change things up and there are tons of colors. You can get it online but I get mine at a local army navy store.
Here they are new And broken in
British tan and water buffalo.
I know that we all get excited and post pictures when our boots are new. I thought I'd post a few of my work boots with some wear on them.
I remember the day I tried on my first pair of semi dress. I thought they had been built wrong because I couldn't get my foot in. I used a shoe horn and carefully squeezed into them. It took a few wears but they stretched out and now fit perfectly. Just be patient.
I've used Montana pitch blend to protect boots and I really like it. It doesn't seem to darken the leather. I used obenhauf's on my iron rangers and it turned the brown leather almost black and has never lightened up. I love all Saphir products. I use the renovateur on my White's. I brush them, wipe with a damp paper towel, appy a thin coat of renovateur, let it dry and then hit it with a brush. I'm using it to help clean the leather and even out scuffs that I get at work....
I made paracord laces for a ton of my boots. That's what I use on my White's. I don't know if you do it the same way, but I strip the the cords out of the middle. That way they lay flat and stay tied better. I found that they don't stay tied as well if you don't gut them first. You can also get electrical shrink wrap to put on the ends to make tips. Or, you can just melt them and crimp with your fingers. There is some pain involved so don't say I didn't warn you.
Glad to help. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you get.
Azcodito, those are some stout, sharp looking boots! How long does it take to break those in? I only have experience with the semi dress which have hardly any break in.