or Connect

Posts by PCK1

I travel to D.C. very often and actually have a home in Chevy Chase...and my favorite museum...and this is the child in me speaking...is the Air and Space museum...haha...I never get tired of it...   I love the National Gallery especially the sections with the great American scenery painters...   I'm not a huge fan of the Hirschhorn...I just don't think the collection is that great...especially when I compare it to the MoMA.   I doubt I have covered all of the...
@BespokeKiwi   Just a note on the Tetbury....your Tetbury is in the Dark Brown Waxed Calf which is a very dark brown and a very thick heavy leather.   My recommendation for a handgrade antiqued brown MTO would give you a very different looking boot...the antiqued brown is a much lighter brown that is burnished to give it some patina/antiquing.    Nonetheless, you should check out the other boot options.   The Harlech is a styleforum favorite in dark brown...
@BespokeKiwi   In response to the questions you posed regarding your collection.   1. You have enough chukkas. You need to diversify in boots. Several options you may want to consider that can serve as both city/country boots - Harlech, Northcote and Chelsea. You could also opt for a very dressy city boot the Somerville. If you are hell-bent on ordering more chukkas...I would opt for an MTO handgrade antique brown Tetbury with a medallion on the toe.   2. Oxfords -...
I have seen those monks in person...and I can confirm that they are awesome...and also that Koji has some very interesting exotic leathers available...
I'm headed to Peru soon...I think I may try to smuggle a few vicuña back to the states...   can I consign them as a do-it-yourself bespoke that grows back every year for more fun...?
 You know your stuff very well....it is the Grand Tour autumn/winter by carnet and fratelli tallia di delfino...and it is an extremely fun book as they break it down by different european cities... There were several swatches that I wanted to made up...the one I posted was the one that caught my eye the most...but also some great brown and blue tweeds and some amazing gun checks... also not so cheap though...haha
  Visited my tailor today...I'm thinking of having this made as a sport coat....maybe with the brown beneath as trousers to match. I have to admit the thought of a 3-piece suit crossed my mind too...     Thoughts?
square toes 
@NAMOR - both of those pairs you picked up are really ugly...   time to sell...
 Left this un-spoilered as I felt that everyone that reads this thread should see this twice...  Now...the more important thing @NAMOR - whose are these and where can I buy/order them???