or Connect

Posts by JTrent82

Also, I have a tendency to favor function over form, so high heels are almost always a turn-off.  A lady should be comfortable, and it's pretty easy to tell when she's not.  Uncomfortable is not sexy.  Though admittedly there are many ladies that wear heels as if they were born in them.  That's a long hard road for the motivated and persistent though.
Hm... I just read for the pictures.  I would have just posted the slideshow at the bottom if I could figure out how to detach it from the url.
I'll just say this:  if I met a lady that dressed like Audrey Hepburn, I'd make it a point to marry her.   http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/audrey-hepburn-style_n_3780087.html
I'm looking to buy some casual cotton button-downs on a budget.  Every department store I look in- LL Bean to name one of many- carries almost exclusively wrinkle-resistant button-downs, even the plaids and such that are so casual no one should care much about wrinkles.  Does this mean they've been treated with formaldehyde?  I've had bad experiences with no-iron formaldehyde-treated dress shirts, as I know other SFers have.  If it is the case that nearly all cheap button...
I'm thinking about picking up a 256 or 257, but there are no retailers nearby that I know of, so I'll have to order it sight unseen.  I carry around a water bottle all the time.  Can I keep a water bottle in one of the "2 small exterior end utility pockets" of the Filson?  I have a 1L Camelbak Eddy now, but I can downsize to a .75L or something.  Thanks!
Bump.  Also, clarification: I'm asking about 100% cotton casual button-down shirts, the kind you may get at LL Bean for instance.  Or most any generic OCBD for that matter.
Quick question: Are "wrinkle-resistant" casual shirts treated with the same chemicals that "no-iron" dress shirts are?  Do they suffer from the same problems that make most SFers hate no-iron dress shirts (poor drape, breathability, etc.)?  Or is their wrinkle resistant quality actually a function of the characteristics of the fiber or weave?  Nearly all of the casual button-ups I see these days are wrinkle-resistant, so I really would like to know what I'm buying.  Thanks...
Quick question: Are "wrinkle-resistant" casual shirts treated with the same chemicals that "no-iron" dress shirts are?  Do they suffer from the same problems that make most SFers hate no-iron dress shirts (poor drape, breathability, etc.)?  Or is their wrinkle resistant quality actually a function of the characteristics of the fiber or weave?  Nearly all of the casual button-ups I see these days are wrinkle-resistant, so I really would like to know what I'm buying.  Thanks...
I'm not sure what neocork is exactly, but I assume it grips better than leather.  I was going to put raptors or something similar on the 1Ks anyway, I'm not sure what it would cost for the work.  Regardless, I'm just dreaming with the Aldens.  I was going with the 1Ks because I had a gift card at a place that sells them, but unfortunately that's really the only nice boot they have.  If I can't find a pair that fits, though, I'll just spend it on something else.
I would love to be able to fit several EEE's, but no one stocks them, so I have to special order them one at a time, which makes it impractical.  I just don't understand the logic of offering only D and EEE.  Wouldn't E make more sense?  Take a cue from Alden.  They make D and E.  I really wish I could get the Aldens, but I could only afford them second hand, which is exceedingly hard to find in E.