or Connect

Posts by Darkside

Anyone receive their shipment of True Blue Silks? The denim is amazing to the touch and the color is breathtaking, but on the website, it says that they would be using a low-contrast tan thread, but my pair came with the orange/gold color. I was wondering if I was the only one? I much rather prefer the tan and must say I'm not a huge fan of the bright orange on these already bright-colored jeans.
 FWIW, I'm a 12D on the brannock and an 11.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5 last (Strand). The double monks in 11.5 fit me perfectly.
Thanks for the constructive input gentlemen. I'll keep it in mind. Unfortunately I gain and lose +/- 5 to 10 lb. when I start going to the gym regularly. I started lifting recently and am up about 7 lb. from when I first got measured. Much of it is in the back and chest. If I don't lose the extra girth during my next cut cycle I'll get it taken out a bit as suggested.
The cameraphone doesn't do the suit justice, but I just received my dark grey 2 piece from Andrew and I could not be more pleased. I figured there needs to be more examples of fit pics on this thread, and IMO Andrew helped me achieve the ideal balance between classic and fashionable. The shoes I am wearing are the double-monks that I got from him which are a beautiful shade of reddish brown, not unlike Horween #8. The shirt is a semispread NY slim from Kamakura. My first...
My roommate is a bit of a cowboy when it comes to snap decisions. He decided to polish his waxy brown Long Branch with AE's black shoe cream to darken them. The results are amazing. I apologize in advance for the photo quality.   The (formerly) waxy brown, in the center, was almost a walnut beforehand. To the right are my bourbon Daltons and below are a pair of dark brown Long Branches that were treated with Obenauf's HDLP last winter.   Left: Waxy Brown LB after...
This is overdue, but somebody a few pages back wanted me to take pictures of the 5 & 8 last side by side. Here are a few photos that show my 11.5E Park Ave next to a 12D Carlyle. I think they represent pretty well the differences in the lasts. Albeit subtle, they make a huge difference when you wear them.   IMO, this last one highlights it the best.
For sale is a pair of excellent condition, "First" quality AE Macneils sold by Brooks Brothers in black pebble grain leather. Size 12D. These were purchased about 3 months ago and though I adore them, I simply don't wear them enough to justify keeping them. They are not even close to being broken in yet, as you can tell by the presence of the Brooks Brothers embossing on the Poron insole.   The uppers are in the same exact condition as the day I got them, with no signs...
I am a 11.5E in the 5 last and a 12D in the 8 last. Pretty SOP I believe. Speaking of which...these came in from Lord & Taylor the other day...
I have dark brown PA and Carlyle. The Carlyle the sexier shoe...by miles.