or Connect

Posts by Darkside

When referring to "break-in" for shoes, what aspect specifically are we discussing? I've found that some of my shoes have a stiffer sole that does not become pliable until (as Gus mentioned) it has been put through its paces (haha) in various weather. Other shoes I find the leather of the upper taking time to really reach its potential in terms of suppleness. I wonder what aspects of construction and materials determine the time a shoe requires to "break in," and whether...
 If you do end up trying them on, please comment on the fit. From what it looks like these are a bit slimmer than the U versions. Also, it seems from the closeup that the weave may even be different and they also are pre-washed, which could add to their "rough" character.
 Charcoal would have been the safer choice probably, but I wanted to experiment a bit with a lighter color.   I've found that the amount of seasonal daylight inversely correlates with my number of Schneider and Geller purchases, as well as James Blake plays on my iTunes.
Some thoughts on the RG/CP Chelseas.    Initial impression: Awesome colorway. "Sand" is the perfect color to describe it. More of a light to mid gray than a tan. Sizing: Went with my CP Achilles size (12D Brannock, 45 in CP, Buttero), and they fit very similar. Barely snug in the forefoot but not really. Instep is fairly low. Slight heel slip. All issues that should resolve with wear. Quality:  The shoes are lined, and the suede feels very supple. Sole is probably...
 Can you elaborate on this?
  Not to derail too much, but I went TTS on my Margiela GATs and had to sell them because they were too short. I am a 12D brannock, 45 in CP Achilles low and Buttero.
Do you guys size down on the Richard jackets?
delete
BNIB Margiela GATs in my signature Size 45.
Did you guys size down for the gray plaid?