or Connect

Posts by madoxoflondon

Hi DonCologne,   I really like your choice of fabric here : you look great.   If I may, though, I think two slight design tweaks would make future suits look even better.   Firstly, raising the pockets a little; and secondly opening up the front quarters a touch. I think the combination of those two edits would lend the silhouette some subtle shape and render it less 'boxy'.   A previous poster mentioned dropping the button stance but, imho, that element looks...
Since you have asked for measurements a few times now I will give them but I want to repeat the massive caveat that there really are no firm rules : just sketch various permutations (or have your tailor do it) and see what you like.    As an example, I just measured the suit below and there is 4" between each button and 2.75" between the top button and the highest point of the pocket which is slanted, as you can see from the image.   Now, returning to the caveat: the...
A fantastic movie but how about the clothes?   We've written a Buzzfeed column to mark the occasion - http://www.buzzfeed.com/madoxoflondon/rock-a-suit-like-the-wolf-of-wall-street-iuf0 .   The piece is aimed at the general public so probably a little too basic for most in this forum but you may enjoy it, nonetheless.   Back specifically to the clothes/suits in the movie :    I was a little underwhelmed if I'm honest ...  but I did I wonder whether the better...
The best thing to do is sketch out a few different versions and see which one you like.   E.g. on the quick photoshop below : the button is probably 1.5" lower ... the distance between the 1st and second button is probably 0.5" less ... the pockets haven't moved.    You'll note I've rolled the lapels lower and tried to give a bit of a better sense of how the quarters would sit with the lower button.   Really you can play around with all these elements until you find...
Hi Tweedyprof,   You can certainly lower the button stance on a future iteration of a jacket without increasing the overall length. Naturally how much will depend to some degree on where it sits currently and your personal preferences but this is just a question of proportion and something that is quite malleable.   You can consider a dinner jacket and a blazer : whilst the blocks may be the same length the dinner jacket will almost certainly have a far lower button...