or Connect

Posts by RPM1

I sent it to British Invisible Mending Service, who repaired it for £55 + VAT.
 I was able to have this repaired from the British Invisible Mending Service. They charged £55 + VAT, and the repaired area cannot be seen unless you know what you are looking for and look very carefully.
I went to a new tailor to have jacket sleeve alterations, and he seems to have damaged the fabric.   Is there any way it can be repaired?  
I went to a new tailor to have jacket sleeve alterations, and he seems to have damaged the fabric.   Is there any way it can be repaired?  
After having polished the shoes with Saphir dark brown cream and wax, I can't quite decide whether I like the final effect. Of course, I could order some Saphir Renomat, and start again if I am not entirely happy. However, before I do that, I would appreciate any feedback.  [[SPOILER]]
 It is probably due to geographical sensibilities, although I do not see the appeal in gold buttons.
Don't do it.   Unless it's for a specific occasion, you'll just end up not wanting to wear it as often.
 I did not think I needed to polish suede?
Thank you, All Tatters.   The reason I asked was because I was afraid the over check may lean more towards suiting, in that particular pattern. However, after some more reading, I now think the over check is quite common, and the prominence of pattern and indeed the material is more relevant.   In addition, and on a completely different topic, I have a pair of brown suede loafers that have two relatively prominent spots with missing paint on the welt stitching. As the...