or Connect

Posts by justonemore

Stopped in at Leatherfoot Emporium a week or so ago while visiting Toronto. Allan had graciously put aside a pair of cognac shell monks for me in advance of my trip (a couple months away at that point). I have enough Carmina's in my closet to have been comfortable purchasing with outing trying them but it served as a good reason to pay a visit. Not only did I have an enjoyable visit to the shop but had the added bonus of meeting one of our SF legends while...
Oh please....there are plenty of English teachers online as well...just allow auto spell to put in a "your" instead of "you're" and see how many vitriolic comments you get....and how many people bother to search someone's past posts for errors?
I'm not sure where the heck to ask this...so I guess I'll try here as well (I do hope I'm not breaking any of the rules that I didn't bother to read a few years ago. lol)....   I'm taking my 8 year old daughter to the closing night of an opera in Rome. I thought it might be neat to get her a corsage and perhaps something for my lapel...but... are such things "normal" & "acceptable" at an opera? I can't say that I remember ever seeing it before...but then again, I haven't...
I'm not sure where the heck to ask this...so I guess I'll try here as it seems to go with the topic a bit...   I'm taking my 8 year old daughter to the closing night of an opera in Rome. I thought it might be neat to get her a corsage and perhaps something for my lapel...but... are such things "normal" & "acceptable" at an opera? I can't say that I remember ever seeing it before...but then again, I haven't particularly looked for it either...   Thanks in advance....
Just one of those so called "rules" that I've heard but never really considered much....I'd honestly have to go find previous discussions on the topic to actually give you whatever the arguments  might have been against it...I think one of them was along the lines of... navy is considered as less formal than charcoal and therefore not appropriate for evening events such as classical concerts/theatre/opera/etc.
 I took a box with front row seats just 3 over from center on the third story which was more expensive than anything on the floor and the boxes on the sides. I'm guessing that center box is the only thing more expensive...(and that wasn't an option) 
Well.... I'm just taking my 8 year old for the experience (she was just accepted to study at the conservatory here in Lausanne)...Sophia Coppola is directing it so who knows what to expect anyways...I doubt any mention of buying a tux would be appreciated by my wife...So I think my options are pretty much between a DB or SB suit...Going off the whole "no navy after dark" thing, and leaving out light grey as too informal...That pretty much leaves me with charcoal...right?...
Thank you for your input on the topic. I most certainly wasn't suggesting that I would toppy my entire collection. I decided to try them out on 3 pairs (1/18 of my collection). When the time comes I can decide to ship them back to the three companies and have them redone the way I want. So I don't really see the great harm in experimenting with it. And as you mentioned, it's my money.It's not the rain or snow that I'm particularly worried about (I wear my shoes in all...
Thank you sir. I didn't see anything as to black tie when purchasing the tickets. From what I've seen online opening night had a VIP crowd and I wasn't sure if did things up for closing night as well.
I have plans to attend the closing night of La Traviata at the Teatro dell'Opera di Roma on June 30th. Would a  DB be considered as too informal given its past history as a "lounge suit"? I was thinking of perhaps this charcoal grey windowpane. I would probably switch to a white shirt...and perhaps a bit darker tie. Thanks in advance.