or Connect

Posts by justonemore

What do you guys think about having 3rd parities put on toe-taps on brand new out of the box EGs? I've had resoling done on a few "lesser" pairs of Alden and Crockett & Jones and had the guy  put taps on at that time...and the guy did a nice job. Part of me hates to kick these things around on all the Swiss cobblestones...but another part of me is a bit leery as to cutting into such a lovely shoe to do so...
I'm not sure I phrased my response correctly there...Don't get me wrong..I don't think the 202 is a big bulky shoe...it's just slightly less sleek(to my eye)...Had I not bought these as a last pair and had I had the choice, my choice would be the 82...but given the price and use...the 202 was acceptable to me....My main black cap-toe bals are a pair of Anthony Cleverley's (which I use mostly for more formal banking, lawyering, financing type of functions)...so these are...
Well the 82 is a bit longer and a bit more narrow to my knowledge. I think it gives off a bit sleeker look when being paired with dress shoes that are pretty much meant to go with a sleek (business) suit. But keep in mind I haven't tried the 202 out and can't speak from personal experience. I do have 2 other EGs on the 82 which  lead me to believe that these would be a good buy for the purpose intended. I already have plenty of  gunboats...(obviously I'm not pairing them...
The twins just arrived from Skoat today. Chelseas in black & dark oak...
RogerP is always 2 steps ahead of everyone. Lol. I find 2 EGs...He finds 2 better...as always my friend...your sense of taste is an example for most all of us. Nice selection. The Newmarkets are beautiful...and of course their color outdoes mine. Should I ever make it to your area of Canada I'm not sure if I'd buy you a drink or smack you. Lol.
Just snagged Chelsea in black & dark oak from skoat's last pair sale. I was a bit sad they didn't have anything else in my size but not as if a couple more cap-toe bals in my collection will go to waste...Anyone else picking up a couple pair?
I'm not familiar with the brands you mentioned but....leather quality is often an issue...full grain or corrected grain?How are the soles attached? Goodyear? Blake? Glued?How much handwork went into the shoe? How long did it take to make? Who made it? Craftsmen or off the street assembly line workers?And that being said...often times it's not that it's inferior quality versus exorbitant price for the quality...I.E...Louis Vuitton wants $1'800 for a bag...it's a nice...
Wow...a mockup...thanks for taking the time to actually look into it further. Darker grey casmmere SC,lighter grey turtle neck, & grey flannel trousers it will be for the casual outfit. Thanks again.
The white has lasted with the kids so far...but as they say...the past is not indicative of the future. lol I've pulled off the red trousers/white blazer a couple times before...but this was in Venice & on a cruise out of Texas....Light colors....light fabrics...etc....I thought the red, white and blue colors might work for christmas but was worried as to the silk/cotton fabic... As to your advice I think I'l just take a windowpane DB and call it quits...I always thought...