or Connect

Posts by PinkestFlamingo

Assistant in the shop was baffled yesterday when my body shape didn't suit the shop's slim cut trousers. It's not the first time it's happened by any means either - the fabric is baggy just under the seat (if anyone's read the "On Pants" post it's like fig. E); sometimes there's excess fabric around the pockets too.   Has anyone else with a fairly slim build noticed this before?
Trying it on again this evening I have to agree with the rest of you.   I didn't get any suggestions about why the fabric might be gathering in the weird way that it is; but even if that's not a quality issue I can tell that I'd be spending at least £150-200 on alterations to get things right.   That's a heroic thread Cleav. I'm not sure this one's up to SF standards but I will definitely put it up on there if I don't have a mate who wants it.
 An objective assessment of quality is fine.
It's blue/grey, just in poor lighting - black and it would have gone long ago... I'm concerned that there seems to be a few weird wrinkles in the fabric where it should lie flat, it reminds me of those ripples you get where a suit has been fused.
On what basis?
I bought this Baumler suit in a fire sale many years ago and it has seen little use since I moved towards MTM suits.   I don't whether to keep it or bin it. It will need some fairly extensive and expensive alterations to be wearable but I am concerned about the quality of the construction. The fabric is throwing me as it is very thin and I can't make up my mind if it is of good enough quality.   If I can have your views on whether I should spend money getting this...
The increased prices might be a symptom of the industry rather than plain greed. I'm not sure how he gets a hold of his stock, but a lot of off-price retailers are struggling to get enough inventory at the moment as brands have been able to reduce the amount of surplus stock they're producing - supply/demand curve. As to where the RL stuff's gone who knows.
The site's had a refresh recently (if only on Chrome, I'm not sure). Miles easier to use!
Thx - CIMA is a management accountants qualification - I've ruled it out as it will pigeonhole me into finance consulting.
I don't know if an insole might help you there. A bog-standard leather insole can make a noticeable difference (tried and tested with some RL sneakers).