or Connect

Posts by bry2000

Please see the original post. I have revised my offer to be more competiive with the current EG sale. I am now including a pair of lasted EG shoe trees with the shoes, box, and shoe bags. Price is still $800, but includes the trees, which are probably worth $100 to $120 (according to the current EG sales thread on SF). This pair on offer is far nicer (IMO) than anything EG has in the current sale or the prior 2 sales in this size.
I am thinking of taking the plunge into the world of the clunky Alden Barrie last. If I do, I will choose between the #8 shell Plain Toe Bluchers or the #8 shell Chukkas. They seem to be the same shoe (one low, the other high). Which is more versatile, a better choice, etc. Help me choose. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by forex I don't know,I just didn't like them,nothing special or maybe not my cup of tea.They retailed at $1020,they had my size too but I went for the RLPL boots. Not that you asked me, but I would have done the same. The Tamars are OK -- good for $420, but I would get more use out of the Harringtons.
I don't buy into this snug fit theory at all. I have learned from experience that if shoes do not fit well when you try them on at first, they will never fit well.
I don't have the ability to photograph my pair. Sorry. The only difference between the 888 and the 82 last is the toe shape (888: soft square; 82: soft round). Here is a picture from another SF thread, showing the Beaulieu in burgundy on the 82 last. Note again that the pair I am offering is in dark oak. I think the Beaulieu looks best on the 82, which is why I went for it. Hope this helps. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../beaulieu1.jpg
I agree. Definitely one of my favorite EG styles. Unfortunately, the 82 last is not the best for me so I am letting them go.
I am offering a brand new pair of Edward Green Beaulieu in dark oak on the 82 last. Comes with box and shoe bags AND INCLUDES Edward Green shoes trees. Size is 8/8.5D. See the attached link from Sky Valet for a picture of what they look like. I am selling them for $800 shipped in the CONUS. This is among the most revered EG style among the I-Gents on SF. This revised offer makes these more competitive with the current EG sale price once you factor in the cost of EG...
The Kiton chukka is incredible looking.
RLPL is really excellent. Though I am not that crazy about the extended, padded shoulder.
same quality. Trimmer cut, less shoulder padding.