or Connect

Posts by bry2000

the shah, thanks for posting that NYT article. I enjoyed reading it. The reference to Charivari brought back some memories of one of the best retailers in NYC. Wonder if Charivari could make it in today's retail market?
Satin ties are not for everyone and most satin ties are kind of hideous. RLPL has made really nice ones in the past. I have a few and wear them once in awhile. By the way, I did a cursory search and could not find the blog post mentioned on ASW so perhaps I was mistaken. Sprout, who said tie buying is rational? I may have lumped in a few navy monochromes with small patterns. Not sure since I did not count. But for some reason, navy ties are well represented in my...
The practical answer is no and between the two, I would suggest the silk repp over the satin. However, I like having a midnight satin tie to wear to very dressy events where black tie is not necessary or required. RLPL excels at satin ties. Have a look at RLPL lookbooks from prior seasons for examples of how useful satin ties can be for the right occasion. Also, I like wearing satin ties with flannel suits. Certainly not SF orthodoxy, but the shiny finish of a satin...
I have no idea and I don't want to know either. I have been buying ties for quite a few years by now. I never thought this until about 10 years ago, but variations of solid navy or navy dotted ties are the most useful.
Complicated since there are many shades of navy and many different textures/fabrics that a solid navy tie can have. But a simple answer is: cashmere, grenadine, silk knitted, raw silk, satin (yes, not SF approved but useful for formal or very dressy occasions), silk repp, and linen. I probably have 40 or more solid navy ties, but I have never counted and can never seem to get enough.
They are TTS and run average width. I bought the black derbies last Winter.
The green is a lot more prominent on that jacket vs the one pictured on NMWA. I understand each jacket makes up a bit different. There are a lot of outerwear options at that price point and this is one option.
glad I did not since I would have ended up with the wrong size in a final sale transaction. YMMV of course
Why? It's available now at several different places.
I tried on the Massimo bomber earlier. Just a sizing alert. I take a 52 in the RG Emil bomber and the RG Officers Jacket. I tried the 48 in the Massimo and it seemed to fit. The 50 probably would have given me a better, oversized fit, but it was not on the rack. The 52 would have been too big. Glad I did not do a pre-order in a 52. The bomber itself is very nice. Don't know if I am that wild about the alternative strap closure, but I know that is a key style...