or Connect

Posts by bry2000

Interesting thread. I had one suit made by C&M about 8 years ago. Very similar commission to yours: 13 oz Lessers grey nailhead, 3 piece, SB peak lapel, but with a vest without lapels. Joe Morgan is a great guy -- very personable, professional, and a perfectionist. He has a definite house style, which one must buy into if one is to be happy with the result. Yes, he can accomodate requests around the margin, such as ticket pockets, shape of lapels, etc. But your suit...
i am looking to update my chino wardrobe with some slimmer, modern fits. For reference, I have been wearing chinos from Loro Piana, RLPL, and Cucinelli (all purchased at large discounts). The quality on these is excellent. They are fine for business casual days at work. But I would like something younger, slimmer, modern for casual wear. I have started with a couple of pairs of chinos from Epaulet (Rudy model). I find them to be OK, middle of the road, nothing great....
TChoy, I like the one on the left the best. It should make up as a nice, casual jacket.
whnay, is that the mid-grey birdseye from the Steadfast book? It is hard to tell from the photo.
In my experience, Mina stands by her work. If you are not satisfied, tell her and I am sure she will make the necessary adjustments. She has in the past for me.
Victor, I just took a quick look at your blog. Really excellent.
Hi, what is the best way to get in touch with someone at Bodega? They do not list a phone number on their website and they have never returned a single email sent to info@bdgastore.com. There have been several instances where I have decided not to order from their website because I could not get an email returned inquiring about sizing information. Very frustrating. I won't order from a vendor that is not responsive by either phone or email. Do these guys have an...
I have the same tie, although I have yet to wear it. I think it is very easy to wear and versatile. I would wear it to the office, but I might hesitate if I worked in a very conservative, formal environment. In such a case, perhaps wearing it on a Friday may work. I think it works great with most gray suits, preferably flannel or a worsted with a nap to it. I would even wear it with navy or brown flannel. I would wear a black pencil stripe shirt or a pale pink or...
Slightly off topic, but how do you pack away your seasonal clothes and where do you store them? I see that you are based in NY. Do you use a storage facility or dry cleaner like Meurice to store your clothes?
I can't give you the technical tailoring answer that you may be looking for, but I have experience with Solito, Mina, and Rubinacci. I like the 2 things that I have gotten completed (and delivered, more importantly) from Solito. Happy with those results, I placed a follow up order...2 or 3 years ago (I can't remember anymore), but those have yet to be completed. Candidly, I have really given up on ever getting those and have written them off in my mind. The other issue...