or Connect

Posts by Evolve

According to Put This On, yes:Traditionally, Englishmen wore these ties with the stripes sloping down from left to right, while Americans went the other direction. The style originated in the early 20th century, when decommissioned British officers continued to wear their regimental colors after they returned to civilian life (hence the name “regimental striped ties”). Anglophiles in the United States imitated the practice, but flipped the direction of the stripes so they...
Just to clarify, I was speaking solely about striped ties in the U.S., where, as Academic2 said, they're just seen as another item of apparel these days (with perhaps a few exceptions).It's not possible to have hand-rolled edges on a self tipped tie; it must be untipped for rolled edges.
Sure, sloped shoulders are an anatomical feature and they "are they they are." But I'm referring more specifically to how the structure of a jacket's shoulders enhance or hide this trait. In some of Claghorn's fits, his shoulders appear very sloped. In others, he appears to have a more normal slope. Based on comments in the Good Natured thread, most seem to prefer the jackets that portray a normal slope. Thus, my wondering if the jackets which exaggerate slope are...
^ It's a pretty decent fit, no doubt, but to get picky, there are some things that look off to my eye. Firstly, there is the case of Claghorn's oddly sloped shoulders in some of his pics; they are present in this one. Is it a result of bad posture due to poor muscle tone of the back? Intentional monkey pose? Unintentional monkey pose? No one knows. But whatever the case, why doesn't this jacket disguise it? Is this a flaw? Also, I think the shoulders of this jacket...
Hmm. Today I learned a new verb: "patinating." Me thinks the patina process is best left to occur naturally, however. No need to take pantyhose and sandpaper to your new pair of shoes/boots.
Fair enough, and I acknowledge the difference. I wasn't necessarily directing my comments at you, just getting my thoughts out there.But let me ask you this hypothetical question: Assume all elements are as casual as can be. Completely unstructured sport coat in a light color with a large check pattern. Cotton trousers. Loafers. Knit tie. Linen shirt. Would you still prefer a point/spread collar, despite the formality of it compared to the rest of the outfit? I'm...
Agree with this. Although I usually prefer a spread collar with a suit/tie, it is ridiculous to say that a BD collar is never okay with a tie. In fact, given a casual tie, such as a knit, and an equally casual jacket, I'd argue that a BD collar is preferable, and I'm sure many here would agree. Of course, said BD collar should have long enough points and enough spread to both create a nice roll and hide behind the jacket lapels (or close to it), and Henry Carter's...
Yes. Maybe read the KW website/search this thread and you'd find your answers.
Hehe. Not trying to knock you. I appreciate the pics! I don't have nearly that many striped ties myself, otherwise I'd offer some pics, too... all lined-up and pretty...
It didn't occur to you that maybe you should list the dimensions of the ties you're selling? That's essential info to discerning buyers.