or Connect

Posts by CityGent

Up for sale is a NWOT 50 oz Royal Twill silk necktie by Drakes of London, in Navy Blue with White spots. I purchased this tie two years ago and have only worn it twice - the design is as classic as it comes but just not for me right now. Drakes' Royal Twill is a beautiful, high-quality fabric which hangs nicely. This tie retails for $150 or more (its selling on Drakes' website for $155 right now); I'm offering this at a substantial discount as I want to get it out of my...
Some members may find a profile of Anderson & Sheppard which is running on the New York Social Diary website this week of interest. The article features the firm's current owner/director, Anda Rowland, who inherited the business from her father after he acquired it back in the '70's. There is discussion of the firm's move off of Savile Row, it's new RTW shop, efforts being made to modernize the business and how all this is translating to increased sales. It's a...
Up for sale is a staple navy blue 100% CASHMERE sport coat from Polo Ralph Lauren (Made in Italy). The coat has a number of luxury touches making it very versatile, including double vents, brown buttons, ticket pocket, virtually no shoulder padding, and pick stitching. The cashmere fabric is very lightweight and has a beautiful drape. This coat could be worn year-round in most climates. The item is used but has been well maintained and has no stains, defects or flaws....
I typically wear a 40R in PRL jackets, and this fits me well with the exception that it's tight in the shoulders. I've revised the posting to show it as a 38R / 39R.
Up for sale is a vintage brown tweed sport coat from Polo Ralph Lauren. This will fit a 38R or 39R, but there is no size tag. It's vintage nature explains the low price - this is a real bargain for someone who will fit this coat. I purchased this coat used, and it is just a little tight for me in the shoulders. It comes from a smoke-free home, has been kept in a garment bag, and is in very good condition. Asking $55 shipped in the CONUS. I accept...
Up for sale is a staple navy blue wool sport coat from Polo Ralph Lauren (Made in Italy) with several high-end design features rarely seen on PRL Blue Label items, including working buttonholes on the sleeves, patch pockets, and no shoulder padding. The item is used but has been well maintained and has no stains, defects or flaws. Similar jackets retail today for $1,195 at Ralph Lauren stores, so this is a great opportunity for someone who is a 40R in Polo clothing to...
Bump for a good deal from a great seller. I'm happy to be the new owner of the navy/white stripe tie.
Bump to say that I received a pair of Neumoras in the mail last week and they're great. Many thanks to allaboutshoes for excellent customer service. Cheers---
RE-LISTING - ITEM STILL AVAILABLE! Selling a pair of Allen Edmonds' popular and well-regarded double-monkstrap Mora model, size 9.5E in Brown calf. This model is now only available through AE's "custom shoe" program at a price of $450. A great deal if this is your size! I purchased these shoes brand-new in 2009, but they have never fit my foot properly and I have worn them less than 10 times (I realize now I am a EEE in most AE lasts), and they have been sitting in the...
Hi - has the suit been altered? If so, can you post measurements?