or Connect

Posts by Jdub6

It really is a beautiful shirt. Hot soaked my large classic postal herringbone workshirt and it went from a voluminous mess to almost a full size smaller (or more) which is absolutely perfect for my 6' 170 frame. So happy I didn't send this back and wait for a slim lg. or medium. It shrank so much it now now fits just like the IH (more like their lg. I'm betting). For reference, the center back length is now 29' versus the +31' which approached tunic length. Thanks G, this...
My curiosity was killing me and I just received 2 used Iron Heart shirts:   http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=784.0   http://www.ironheart.co.uk/shirting/ihsh-21.html     3 Gustin workshirts including a Zimbabwe 10.5 selvedge, and American and Postal Herringbone after some time with them. Here's my short and sweet take for those interested. The triple need stitching is similar; the IH is closer together and perhaps neater. The IH heavy ass chambray is...
Ha:), just through this is in for for a hot soak tonight after in a box for return for weeks. After remeasuring for like the 10th time, I actually think it's close to my others in classic large. It's so damn nice I'll wear it as a jacket too. 
I have the trucker in dark oak and charcoal chore coat and love em both. I was wondering if it's just me or is the wax on these light compared to like a Filson. Just wondering as when I received the waxy appearance was more subdued then expected. After having these unlined, I would take a lined fleece in a heart beat. Wouldn't a snap adhered fleece solve the removability and other issues as far as cleaning, etc. They could even sell different fleece patterns separately....
I went up three based on their statements suggesting the Zim 16oz in particular sew up somewhere around 1 size smaller; this made sense to me as their 18oz zims were similar in that you needed to size up one. IDK, 34 for slims are really close to perfect for me so I did go up 3, however, there are concerns about too much taper shrinkage?..lol. Was anybody happy with their slim loomstates?:)  Josh, I believe I read you wear slims. Do you wear the same in your loomstates?...
Second in addition to increased chino variety. I would also pay little more for the work shirt buttons to compliment the top stitch work. Little late but after purchasing some Epaulet long sleeve 8oz henleys and eyeing there crewneck sweatshirts, seems appropriate to offer similar and some killer loopwheel crewnecks.  edit, shit while were umm "inspired" by other designs. How about this classic from Iron Heart with the sweet customizable snaps. No yokes in front, this...
Their email updates are killing me too:) First with loomstates here and I went 2 sizes up(?). As consistent with description, I have a little bit of room in 34 slims. Hope it works out with 36 hmmm(!) 3 is probably safer:). Is a bit ambiguous though with the "along with the fact that this unique fabric is sewing about a size smaller than our regular denim."
Seems to me and others their workshirt is another animal when it comes to sizing. Their button downs in lg. cl. fit me perfect. I have the zim and the american herringbone workshirts in lg. cl. and they are pretty big...especially in length. almost approaching tunic as some mentioned:) I received the postal here recently and it is absolutely enormous. So bummed I have to send back as the fabric is so nice. Will try a medium classic. Also to note is the button issues, my...
I started with straight 33 as the slim measurements looked a little snug below the knee and especially in the cuff.yet the straights are quite billowy below the knee (as many others have indicated) on my 170-6' frame. However, I may be abnormal as the waists are still a bit tight so I went up to 34 slims and they're tits; inseams all measure close to 35.5 and with the little bit of stacking they're perfect and perhaps more importantly they work great with boots (e.g., iron...
Their L t-shirts (heather grey and organic white so far) are perfect for me @ 6' 170-chest-40ish. Their classic fit large in button downs are also perfect on me. I was worried thinking they would be a bit big. Gotta say I am really relieved and pleasantly surprised. Nice quality and price point Gustin.