or Connect

Posts by Jmm722

Yes from GF.  I tried them on with pants and you can't see anything, and even if you could, it is something no one else would notice.  GF was great, they sent me order rush shipping because I told them I was moving, and was given the option of shipping it to either address and no extra cost.  The communication was very good too, received emails letting me know when Carmina shipped then, when they arrived as GF and when they were shipped.  
They're on the Rain last.  It's more of a general impression that little things that I typically notice are not really present: no stray stitches, much better medallion uniformity, better finishing on the sole and heel.  Time will tell after I start wearing them.
Well it's my first pair of Carminas and at $500 I was a little hesitant.  However, I've been looking them over and they're flawless otherwise and much better QC than what I usually buy.  They'll be creased no matter what once I start wearing them.  I like the boot, I like the color, and I love the last.  Even not being 100% happy I'm still happy enough that I'll certainly get another pair of oxfords for work in a couple months.   I didn't even realize it had the toe taps...
I just got my first pair of Carmina's in the mail and I'm not sure how I feel about them.  I bought Museum Burgundy U-Wing Boot from a GMTO.  The leather has a visibly veiny texture part of it and the arch of the bot has some noticeable lines sticking out, not really a crease as much as there's pushed out line in a few spaces.     Is this normal with boots or museum calf?  My AEs, Meermin and Alden have never had this, especially out of the box.  I don't know if it's...
I figured you were from Japan or Korea.  Black suits are overly formal in Europe or the US; however they are certainly appropriate in those two countries.  Japanese and Korean business culture is far more formal in general, from customs to clothing.  I have several good friends in Korean law firms who can't leave work until the boss leaves, and if the boss goes out drinking, they're expected to attend.  There's also the hostess clubs, bikini bars, etc. that they attend to...
they're definitely part of the "I don't how a jacket should fit" squad. Shirt showing at bottom, jacket puckered and not tailored properly,sleeves, etc. A $300 suit and a competent tailor can create a better fit than any of those.
Is their navy shell really that light?  I though navy shell looked almost black (midnight blue) under most indoor settings and would be a fairly dark navy under sunlight.  Those look very light.  Not that I don't like them, but I was looking at getting navy shell oxfords for work
Definitely the same for lawyers and businessmen in the US, except for the rumple-suited interns at Capitol Hill.Also, the posted pics have almost all terrible fits. These people are not business professionals, and celebrities wear whatever they want and it's usually terrible. If anything, they purposely dress against the proper convention to further express their celebrity status as "different". Just look at the Oscars tuxedos. The fact that celebrities make good money...
If it's too expensive to return you may end up losing less money trying to sell them here or on eBay.  That way you only lose $25-40 you paid for shipping and not the additional $50-60 you'll spend shipping them back.