or Connect

Posts by dexterhaven

If you'd ever been to Marathon, TX, you would understand.Also, from number six, what is a food artist? Like a cake decorator?
Description: Bought these from another forum member and wore them only a few times. There is a small scratch on the toe of the right shoe (see picture) but otherwise they are in good condition. Sizing: 9.5, but these run large. They fit a 10 or 10.5. Extras: the last owner had his cobbler apply a Topy protector to the sole. As you can see from the picture below, the protector is just a thin coat of rubber. I really like it because it takes wear off the leather sole...
Hemingway once sent a letter to Norman Mailer in which he wrote (I'm quoting from memory here): "The only advice I can give you is not to worry. Worrying is for suckers, and you can't write, fight, or fuck if you worry. This doesn't mean you shouldn't think." That pretty much expresses my advice on your problem: think it through thoroughly, and then either do it or don't. Just know that thought will only take you to a certain point. Rarely will it rid you of that feeling...
No you didn't!
For Cause & Comrades by James McPherson To anyone remotely interested in the Civil War, I highly recommend this book. McPherson pored over letters and war diaries of officers and enlisted men from both North and South to answer such questions as: What motivated men to enlist? What did they think of this motivation once they had seen combat? What kept them fighting? What did Union troops think about slavery and the Emancipation Proclamation? And how did their...
Thanks for the link. Very funny. I'm not sure how ballsy the policy is though. I go to the Drafthouse a lot and very few of the people there belong to groups that are infamous for texting in the theater. Could be a chicken-egg thing though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire How important is your back to you, and when you do get out there, how much do you want to enjoy it vs. feeling crappy due to your pack? I say go to an REI, Summit Hut, etc. and try on packs. DO NOT BUY WITHOUT TRYING ON! Pick one that feels good and know you'll have it for years. I value my back pretty highly. If a high quality pack makes a big difference even on short, less strenuous trips, then high...
Looking to transition from car camping to backpacking and need a backpack. I researched most of the recommendations given at the beginning of this thread. I'm just planning on doing weekend trips in the Blue Ridge and Smokey mountains in spring, summer, and fall. I was thinking a 50-60 L pack would do, but I'm a little conflicted: do you guys think that it would be best for a novice to get a so-so pack to learn on rather than spend $$$ on something very top of the line? Or...
Whoa that was awesome. The farewell kiss at 3:25 was hilarious.
^ And here I was thinking my boss was a dick. Thanks for the insight, guys. I guess I am going to write that email.