or Connect

Posts by dexterhaven

Outstanding show so far. I have the attention span of a gnat, and I'm glued to the screen when it's on. [[SPOILER]]
That's reasonable. I think I'll try my luck with the 38. Thanks for the info.
The big one though, the ten minute one. That's the one that's been generating all the talk. That's the one I meant.I thought the park bench scene was great too. Also the second bench scene with just Adele.
According to your profile, we're about the same size. What size jacket did you order? If you have time, would you be able to post measurements?
Completely agree. I really liked this movie. What'd you think of the controversial sex scene?Also, I caught the matinee showing of Inside Llewyn Davis yesterday. I hear a lot of people hating on it (including the people I saw it with) but I thought it was good.
Come on, guy. You're dragging your feet here. I'm tracking how infantry basic training works. It's no big deal to modify the barracks or set aside a few rooms for the female trainees or set aside a barracks building for them. Don't know why you think that is some sort of big deal. It's already been done in the non-infantry basic training installations. As for men and women living together in the field but not in garrison, so what? Officers don't live with their soldiers...
Think of it as an experiment. In a few years time, if the experiment is successful, the military will be able to identify what qualities a female needs to possess to succeed in the infantry. It can then pre-screen candidates for those qualities and/or adjust female training standards, thus lowering the washout rate. Combat units will then have access to a huge portion of the population that was previously off limits.If the experiment fails, then really the "waste of...
Ha alright but I still think "great" is an exaggeration.
Basic training does not get you in "great shape," especially if you were a fat piece of shit going in. Joffrey is right: a high attrition rate is a good thing. Shows standards are not being compromised, at least not too much. As far as wasting slots on females who will wash out, I could see that argument holding water if applied to some military school with limited space that people line up for (like Ranger school or Sapper school) but not in this case. It's entry level...
I love the original Connections series. To me it's aged extremely well. The way Burke traces the connection between historical events down through time (for example from the invention of money in ancient times to the the advent of the lateen sail in the Middle Ages to the nuclear bomb in modern times) is so entertaining and so instructive in regard to human actions and unintended consequences.Another thing I like how he puts inventions and ideas into context and shows...