or Connect

Posts by Skyler

Quote: Originally Posted by Skyler You idiot: his original post is 4 f****** years old! Oh. Well... Ron's boots are still killer.
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyler For christssake: buck up. Or better yet, call Ron Rider, drop $600 smacks on a pair of his cordovan chukkas (sp?), pull the boots on, start drinking, then hit the bars and you'll have skirts aplenty... and a nifty pair of kicks the next morning. You idiot: his original post is 4 f****** years old!
For christssake: buck up. Or better yet, call Ron Rider, drop $600 smacks on a pair of his cordovan chukkas (sp?), pull the boots on, start drinking, then hit the bars and you'll have skirts aplenty... and a nifty pair of kicks the next morning.
[quote=gdl203;1140044]Hard to do worse[/QUOTE Thank you.
http://www.fogcityleather.com/ Talk to Peter. He can damn near make anything. Did a custom job for me - very similar to the Training Day coat - and cost me about $650. Peter and his wife are great people.
Quote: Originally Posted by vitaminc ...Shouldn't you switch accounts before trolling? Have seen this expression, "trolling," used several times on this forum. What does it mean exactly? I usually take it to mean a new business doing some sort of guerilla marketing, or some such thing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thurston To the OP, I recently bought a pair of M3 flat fronts and had them cuffed. What you are referring to is the difference between a dress pant hem and a topstichted(?) hem. In the latter case, they would look like a pair of pre-finished pants, right? I prefer that look myself. Grab a pair of khakis off the shelf and show the alterations person what you want. This may cost a few dollars extra. Exactly what...
Quote: Originally Posted by Vintage Gent Anything mid-gray or darker. Navy, too. Exactly, and the browns and greens also suggested. If I wasn't certain of imminent arrest and detention, I'd wear them in only my boxers, bowler hat and walking stick. That's one fine pair of shoes! Enjoy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas I have read a few conflicting accounts on the Alden Hampton last... ...with good reason. Though my foot measures a 9.5D, the only size I can wear in a Hampton is a 10.5C. A full 1 sizer larger and more narrow, which fits me beautifully. But it was like pulling teeth to figure this out - several Alden pair bought and resold on Ebay before doing so. (For further comparison's sake, a 10D in Alden's Plaza...
I ask other gentle readers: late at night, when it's dark, and the demons come, do you suppose Messieurs "Flapjack" and "Teacher" huddle together, whimper and ask for their mommies to deliver them from criticism? Don't hate me b/c I'm beautiful, Flatjack and Teacher. I just like to call a fool by his - er, her - proper name. Now please: "Ad hominem," is that Latin? Much love, S.