or Connect

Posts by breakz

Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo Nope. Not the current version of CDMA. What you're talking about is a new 4G style version. http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/08/ver...one-talk-surf/ Quote: Now, they're working to overcome it. A solution that will allow CDMA networks to carry voice and data simultaneously will become commercially available in the first half of next year, said Brad Shewmake, spokesman for the CDMA Development...
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny_5 You got me all excited. The way I see it, if you always wait for the next best thing you're never going to get anything. There is no proof that there is an iPhone 5 coming out anytime soon. Yea, historically apple refreshes in June but who the fuck knows what the refresh is going to be, or if there is even one coming. It's going to be hilarious if people hold off and get their hopes up for an iPhone that can...
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness However, the 5 will probably have a fixed antenna, a longer battery life, faster processor, etc. From what I hear the Verizon 4 already has a fixed antenna.
Just exchanged a pair of Smiths for gunmetal gray chinos, and I couldn't be happier. Thanks Mike and Adele!
Big fan of the Incase Slider Case myself.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Time to sell your Apple stock. Jobs is on medical leave again. Honestly, timing couldn't have been better. Long weekend, market closed on Monday, Apple will probably beat estimates today. The last time Jobs left for medical reasons, AAPL grew 54%. They're already up 5 points from their opening price. I wouldn't worry about their financial performance. EDIT: make that 10 points.
Quote: Originally Posted by bdeuce22 i don't think the kinect is worth it but all i play is call of Duty. 4gb is plenty if you aren't storing other media on it. Don't know if this was fixed, but Halo requires (or used to require) a HDD for matchmaking. Something to consider.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim This is why a GB of RAM reads as 1024MB On a PC, a 100GB drive reads as 93GB. On a Mac a 100GB drive reads as 100GB I'm familiar with the memory measurement issue on computers, but I'm embarrassed about missing the conversion from binary to decimal. That's shady stuff--didn't know about it. I still remember that when Snow Leopard came out journalists were reporting they had "freed up to 7GB of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim I'm about as perturbed by the softening of the 4G standard to appease the marketers as I am the corruption of the measurement gigabyte by Apple to appease some HDD marketers. What are the details on this, Slim?
Quote: Originally Posted by randomkoreandude That's Senate Square, right? I lived there for a year. Awesome apartments but the rent is killer...