or Connect

Posts by SeanMarcellus

I've not  purchased in the past 6 months, I walk about 1 1/2 miles to work and back, I've not seen any signs of wear on my socks. Only one sock, was a pair of AE that had a hard thread sticking down by the bottom of the laces, when I put my hand in there I was amazed it did not tear up my foot. I returned them for a pair of Delray.
I've not tried Pantherella or Falke, but I have Palatino super fine 920 L which feel the same as the Viccel summer weight.I have several pair of the Heavy Winter Weights and they seem like regular old cotton socks for the weight, like an old pair of boot socks I have from Kmart.I don't have a lot of experience with different socks but the Heavy Winter Weights are by far the heaviest I've seen.If they are to thin, you can always were them in the summer ;)
I've not had any issues with shrinkage. I wash in cold and hang them dry.I've had the opposite experience with some of the super fine, they seem to have stretched out and not stay up as well after 3 or 4 washes.I've got some of the winter weight, going on a year now, and they are just as great now as the first day.
Lasts winter I purchased 14 of the Heavy Winter Weight OTC. I was rather impressed with them so thought I'd get some thinner ones and compare them to my Palatino 920L socks. The Palatino are pretty light so I ordered the Super Fine and the Summer.   The Summer Weight are very similar to the Palatino,.they feel like the same thickness and when you hold them up to the Sun they look to be the same thickness. They are both really soft and feel the same for softness. They are...
Its hard to get a decent pic...  
Got my first Driggs yesterday, Blue Hopsack,   WOW... these are great, the pants are awesome I've never seen material like this before. The Driggs fit just like I imaged they would.....Perfect!   Can't wait until next pay day :)
My 2 cents... I've always ordered 32in for dual purpose, I like using my shirts for work and play. Prob I have is just about every time I go take a leak I have to tuck my shirt back in, the backs don't stay when they are this length.   If I pay $150 for a shirt, I want to be able to wear it both at and away from work. Now I'm creating a new wardrobe so I can wear my casual cloths to work and rather enjoy it.
Are these guys still around?   They messed up on charging my order, paypal said they waited to long, so I sent them the money then they charged me again, this tied up $500 on my card for 3 billings. Now they do not respond, no refund and have not sent my order, I've not been able to get any kind of a response for 2 weeks now, they used to always get right back to me in 1-3 days.   Anyone else had any experiences like this?
I've seen a few post of squeaky AE shoes.........   I recently purchased a pair of Ashton which squeaked. I wore them for a month hoping it would go away. After reading all over the internet about guys trying to fix this and only short term fixes.   A few weeks ago, I emailed AE to see what they recommend and they sent me a shipping label to send the shoes back.   I got this from AE this morning..... I apologize as the squeak issue is very difficult to fix. ...
Got my first order, 81 days, these are excellent socks.