or Connect

Posts by quasi-lurker

I believe it's from Sartoria Partenopea.   From another thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/268410/the-official-tweed-appreciation-thread/300#post_4916950
Not sure what my right cuff is doing.
timotune should have at least 1 more vote..for some reason I didn't have him selected when I hit submit  
Thought I'd take a stab:  
I used a similar method to what mixProtocol described earlier in the thread, but with a couple of differences:   1) Clean the boots with a horse hair brush. You may need to clean them a bit more thoroughly if the boots have been worn. 2) Apply a leather conditioner (I used Allen Edmonds conditioner cleaner).  Let the boots sit for an hour. 3) Using a shoe polish dauber (or cotton cloth), apply a small amount of shoe cream.  Work in the cream using circular motions. Work...
 Thanks, it turned out better than I expected.  I did use #145 and bought it on Amazon.
Taken a few days ago:       Added 1000 Mile flat laces today:  
After reading this thread I decided to get a pair of "GQ" Chocolate Apache's. When they arrived I worked in some leather lotion and soon after I slapped on two coats of Meltonian cream in burgundy. I've had them for about 5 days and I'm more than happy with the purchase.
I've been on a Made in the USA kick for the past couple of months, so I recently bought a pair of Buckley Denim jeans from a local store.  I got the heavy weight "slim" model and am extremely impressed.  They aren't slim as in skinny and are comfortable in the place where it really matters.  The only experience I have with selvedge denim are 2 pairs of N&F (weird guy), but the fit of the Buckley's is a little better and I really like the deep pockets.   If anyone living...
The RL store at Lenox (Atlanta/Buckhead) has a sale right now.  Although he wasn't completely sure, the SA I spoke to said he believed the sale would last through Christmas.   Most everything I saw--including Black Label--seemed to be 40% off.  I snagged a pair of flannel pants since it seemed to be one of the only stores in the area that is selling heavier weight slacks...