or Connect

Posts by cam

I don't live in Santiago anymore, but this was a fun read. I definitely would have gone bespoke while I was there, especially because I couldn't buy size 13 anywhere but Jumbo! Your captoes look great, by the way.
Does anyone know how Yukuten moccasins fit? I wear a size bigger in sneakers and boat shoes than I do in dress shoes and work boots...
Hmmmmmm I studied in Santiago, and it left me craving style and cool shit. There was like 1 indie boutique in a city of 7 million, and I went and it kind of sucked, but this was August to December 2007. No good coffee either. Pretty rough. It has awesome skiing rather close by however, and I went once. Santiago is good for partying, but Chilean women are heinous looking. It's a delicate balance. I know for a fact that people in BA are way better looking and the food is...
Rigor is a small factor in prestige.
Don't spend on a degree. Network your ass off and get a job working. Investment banking is a small, small world and all you do is valuation modeling so any learning besides learning the basic models is a waste of time. You should be working on getting interviews at the firms, not on being overqualified for them. If you want to do investments, like work on portfolios at investment companies and be more quantish, then start your CFA level 1 and network!!! In either case,...
I just turned down graduate school admission. I originally got a ba in economics and minored in spanish literary studies. I'm having a lot of fun, but I'm also not working... I often wish I had taken a sabbatical in college to go work for free somewhere cool or start a creative project before I had to pay the liabilities that came with graduating. I learned the hard way that a good career is about telling an interesting story about how and why you do and did certain...
I was actually happy with the tie selection. I got three house brand ties for $63... Works for me!
Quote: Originally Posted by Cazk88 Thanks! Last question...how does one get their tie to look like this? Is there a clip that holds this up? Thanks. http://www.sanfordbryant.com/LookDet...p?G=M&Look=315 That is just a really thick tie in a full windsor knot. A full windsor is the right knot for a number of professions, especially finance/financial services. You should not be wearing ties that thick and pompous though. Get normal ties at...
Quote: Originally Posted by Larson McCord I think that most people think wingtips are more formal that most shoes. Non style watchers think of a wingtip being worn by a banker or accountant with a suit. yup. wingtips+pinstripes+bow tie = original Ibanker stereotype. Buuut, wingtips are cool for a wedding, especially if they're not black. Even if they are black, 95% of the people there probably wear the same shoes to work. I know I would...
^^^ Yeah, I have an A.B. in economics and it's far from worthless. Most small colleges only award BAs, like at mine you get a BA in physics and math too. As for inherent worth in an economics degree, it's not that easy. BAs aren't the strongest signal to employers anymore, but if you are a solid candidate, you can apply for the best jobs out there when you study economics. If you're at a school with good connections, econ will get you very very far.