or Connect

Posts by Magician Shaun

OK, I really need to sell these 2 items and have them in the mail by tomorrow. What I am trying to get rid of are 2 new items, both with tags.    The first and most painful of the two is this BEAUTIFUL Sartoria Partenopea Napoli Sport Coat. This baby retails for something north of $2000. It is of the finest construction. The hand work is AMAZING and the colors are and fabric are what you would expect from one of the worlds top clothing manufacturers. The jacket is of...
Hey there! Yes I have been away for a bit, sorry. Sometimes real life doesn't have time in it for cyber fun. How has everyone been? 
Hey all how is it going? I have 2 items I would like to move. I have a bit of an emergency and so they are both priced to sell (I think). Both are New With Tags. So, here they are:   Sartoria Partenopea Napoli Light Blue US 40R Eur 50R Sport Coat               Measurements on this jacket are: Shoulders (seam to seam across the back): 18.5" Half Chest (pit to pit): 20.5" Sleeve (shoulder seam to end): 25" (unfinished) Length (from collar seam to...
Oh ye of little faith! I purchased the jacket a couple of weeks ago and yesterday I was once again in the same thrift shop picking up a nice Oxxford Clothes charcoal grey jacket, a Hickey Freeman Madison gray suit, and happened upon a pair of surprisingly soft tuxedo pants. I didn't have the jacket with me but the tag seemed to be very similar to the tag in the Ermenegildo Zegna 14MilMil14 jacket I was wearing so I bought them.  Upon arriving home I found that my gamble...
I saw in a similar thread that someone said by tradition dinner jackets could be paired with other pants if the originals aren't available. One fellow said he had several vintage jackets and only one pair of tux pants for all of them. Everyone seemed to accept that as ok. That's why I am asking. I also saw white pants and tartan pants suggested. Since its current Zegna I could order the pants. I wonder what the cost would be...?
What is the tradition for a tux jacket with no pants? Is it worthless? Can I substitute some other pants? Other tux pants? I ask because while thrifting I picked up a recent Ermeniglido Zegna for Neiman Marcus, in my size but couldn't locate the pants. I bought it hoping I would find them. I didn't. The tux is available now on Neiman Marcus' website for like $2700. Is wearing a tux jacket with another tux pants a great big no no? Is it the same as black jacket with...
NO comment on the "Limited Edition" Collezioni stuff? My search using Google only turned up an article from 2008 and some Canadian clothier having some Limited Edition Alashan Cashmere Blazer, 50 total, for around $3000. Otherwise not much info.    Kinda pricey for half canvassed if you ask me...
Ok been a bit since I had anything brag worthy but I did have a few nice days recently. I got a Paul Smith, Gieves and Hawkes DB Navy Blazer, new Canali B/W Hounds tooth, 2 Hickey Freeman Bespoke Loro Piana super 120's suits, 2 Burberrys Suits, 2 Brioni ties, 1 Borrelli Napoli Tie, a Paul Stewart tie NWT, Robert Talbot Best of Class for Nordstroms NWT, 2 pairs of True Religion Jeans, Women's Orvis Made in USA, and last but not least: I almost never KOP Armani, but when I...
So I had a mostly brag worthy few trips, pictures later, I usually take with my phone but it died as in sent in for repair dead. Anyway, here is what I have recently acquired:   Southwick charcoal chalk stripe flannel suit,   Hickey Freeman Black with red and white pin stripes,   an older glen plaid Polo Ralph lauren Blue label jacket that is fully lined and fits perfectly,   Polo by Ralph Lauren Blue Label Gray flannel trousers made in Italy,    2 Alpaca...
Up for trade is one pair of "orphaned" brown wool pants. They are a 32" waist and 28.5" inseam. They are pleated and cuffed.    If anyone is interested and wants to trade pm me.