or Connect

Posts by NicNac

Does anyone remember what last the Fairhaven was made on? Thanks
Trust me....I looked for a while trying to find the pants! I was hoping that it was a Sports coat but I can still make use of it. I did find the buttons in the inside pocket. Unfortunately, one of the cuff buttons is broken. Never even thought of looking for them in the pocket. Thanks again!
Looking for some expertise. I thrifted a brand new with tags Brooks Brothers Madison sports coat? Or is it an orphan suit jacket? It still has the basting on the shoulders and looks like it has surgeon's cuffs but no buttons or button holes. Is this normal? I am not too familiar with Brooks Bros as I live in Canada. Sorry for the poor pics. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
I own Walnut and Bourbon Daltons and love them both equally. I wear them with my suits as much as I wear them with jeans. I found that they took a little longer to break in compare to my other AE's but once broken in, they feel fantastic!Congrats!
Thanks for your input.The thing is the 10d in the Walton fit me quite well. I just have to get used to the "wideness" of the shoe.
Just picked up a hand me down pair of Waltons from my dad. Is it me or are they a wider looking shoe than my Daltons and Franciscans? My feet fit perfectly (10d) but when I look down at them they seem abnormally wide. Is this due to the split reverse welt? Just curious.... Thanks!
Just a question for the thrifting veterans. Is a made to measure jacket from an unknown tailor worth any less if the materials used are high quality? I found a custom made Suit jacket with Zegna Cashmere fabric but no pants. Is there value in this?
Took a picture of my Bourbon Daltons while i was in the dentist's chair. No cavities!
Does anyone know how to date this suit from the tags? It says Givenchy Gentlemen Paris on the inside but has a "made in USA" tag in the chest pocket. The only thing that I can see that resembles a date is the "82". I love the suit but I know there is not enough fabric to turn a 40 into a 44. The pants still have their original crease in the waist which leads me to believe that this suit was worn very little if at all. Thanks for any input.
Thanks for the input. I was hoping that it was worth something! Did you try and sell on Ebay?