or Connect

Posts by NeedForTweed123

I understand and agree with your points on etiquette. I would never purposely disobey a strictly stated dress code or wear something like white tie to a wedding. I try to actually avoid being that guy as much as possible. I would only wear it on festive events that are formal but with no dress code required, I. E. Holidays/NYE. And I agree that the differentiation between black and white tie is no longer very apparent or matters to most of the world, even though we may...
Well I'm pretty much always in an environment where nobody cares at all about dress etiquette so I'm used to standing out in general. And I would not take myself too seriously, I'd be having too much fun wearing it, but also acting like an aristocrat would just be putting on a facade anyway.I'm glad someone else shares the sentiment! I find that a lot of people here are so concerned with proper etiquette that they forget clothing should be fun. I dress for myself, and...
Yeah I get that, and I'm all about following the rules of formality, but if you want to talk about the real world, these outfits are basically dead. Sad, yes, but true. So I don't really think that wearing this outfit outside of a white tie specific event on a night like new years eve is that ridiculous anymore. It's honestly the only time a normal person would get to wear it, and it would be nice to not let the outfit die completely. Again, I totally understand your point...
Well I do not foresee any charity balls in my future anytime soon, so I guess New Years Eve it is. I figured that white tie is so rare and common knowledge on proper etiquette so foreign to most that I could definitely get away with white tie at any event similar to a New Years Eve celebration. Perhaps even Christmas parties full of crazy holiday outfits.  
What do you all think of wearing a white tie rig on an event like new years eve? I love the outfit too much to not ever wear it, but obviously there are no events for it. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal because even though members here argue over etiquette rules and such, I find that 99% of the U. S. population just thinks white tie is an interesting form of a tuxedo. Especially if worn for a non invite or non dress code specific event. And also, does anyone know of...
I actually have thrifted everything off of eBay. I've got 6 pairs of flannel pants that are all very good quality/brands for $100 total that fit well as well as 5 cords, 3 different colored seersucker pants, linen pants, Chinos, a couple Brooks sportjackets, a Polo made in Italy seersucker suit and a Chester barrie flannel suit and a few vintage fair isles/ sweaters as with the stylistic details and fit I'm looking for. I'm not trying to brag, just that eBay has provided...
Ah okay, I understand. That's actually a lot of help. Being a student on a budget, I don't have the funds for tailored clothing new/mtm/bespoke and have managed to find a large number of high quality items cheap on eBay. I am now trying to amass a few seasonal sportjackets for when I need them. In your opinion, would Palm beach be a horrible buy for me or should I go for it? I don't really prioritize things like handwork because it's not necessary at the moment. I care...
I've seen a lot of stuff on eBay labeled as vintage. I'm not sure if it actually is or not. Is there a specific time period that was good quality?
So it's crap?
Does anyone know anything about palm beach? I see the brand a lot while thrifting but never hear anything about it.