or Connect

Posts by AlexJ1100

Yeah, basically the uglier the better. Also bigger sizes, I've come across a few mediums and they sell for a fraction that a XL/XXL/XXXL one will.
If you end up with them and they don't work, I can swing by your office to grab them, haha.
 Customer service reps and "How to tell fake..." preloaded in the Google search bar. Given the wide array of items that are bought and sold, and how incredibly detailed different genres and eras of those goods can be (even in high end fashion alone) , it is hard to imagine that they could hire the people with that range of knowledge, do it on the scale that they function, while charging a reasonable fee, and making it profitable.  I recently bought a bag for my wife Amazon...
Ah, yeah I gotcha there. Misunderstood your post.
I don't think it had anything to do with her staff. The bidding started at $89.99 and I've seen her start "lesser" shoes for the same price and start "lesser" or "equal" shoes for much more. I think enough people just search for Alden and Alden boots that those shoes naturally wouldn't fly under the radar. Plus most people searching for that type of Alden shoe can spot shell in a picture, and given it is a popular size, it only took two people to drive the price to that...
  Zegna tag looks a little funky, but even if it is real, I would say its a bit too old to be "good" Zegna.  Been said plenty of times - If you like the pattern then awesome, I buy $2 ties all day that have no "value" other than I like them and wear them. I'd also avoid buying any ties with stains/runs, unless very minor, even if you are planning on wearing them yourself. A $2 tie, plus cleaning/repair, really starts to deteriorate savings, with no guarantee that that it...
In other news, decided to create a Grailed account on a whim last night. Five minutes later...     Should fit so NA at the moment.   One thing I didn't notice until just now. I assumed these were the Barrie last, but it looks like the boots they make for J Crew are Barrie, but those have the quick lace hooks at the top. These have normal eyelets, which from 5 minutes of Googling says they are direct from Alden, however those are on the Grant last. Anyone have much...
Had a thought last night, I think its been discussed before, but if so, not executed.   What does everyone think about having a master excel list of members who frequent this thread, and then including each members social media accounts, online store, etc for anyone to reference? I see a lot of people ask (and have asked myself)  "Who is xxx on eBay?" or "Who lives in the xxx area that could recommend thrifting/food spots?"   For starters I'm thinking the list would...
Bump
I would. Found a MIUSA pair a while back (NWOB) and they sold north of $200.