or Connect

Posts by darnelled

Wow, that's disappointing. My G35 with 85k miles only costs me about $100-400/year and I use it at the track.
I've never regretted a vacation. Purchases on the other hand...
Yes, anyone can work as much or little as they choose unless you are a salaried employee. Then, you work whatever is agreed upon in your contract. Some of the women I trained with chose to split one full-time, salaried position at a mental health center. They each worked 16 hours a week, had no benefits (use their husbands'), and were paid hourly (around $80-100/hour). Another guy I trained with is now the medical director for three psyc hospitals and probably makes around...
I work 40hr/ week now after stopping all hospital and ER work. I only get called 1-2 times per year since most of the call is done by the doc running the psyc units.Malpractice started at about $900/year for me and goes up about $1k per year (mine is $9k with 11 years of working after residency/fellowship and no lawsuits yet).Most general psyc doc should average $170-200k right out of training and you could add at least $10k for each subspecialty added on. If you do...
I"m board-certified in general, child/adolescent psychiatry.I have a bit better perspective on my choice now that I've been out of residency for 11 years. My local surgeon and OB-Gyn friends are now paying around $120k/year in malpractice insurance (11 years of working too) with no history of lawsuits, work 80-100 hours a week and can barely take a week off. They like their jobs too, but many are trying to change job responsibilities to get better quality of life even if...
Getting in was hard, but the hardest part of medical school for me was the first semester. I moved 6 hours away from everyone I knew and suddenly was just an average student compared to my classmates. I had very little free time as I learned what I had to do to make good grades that first few months. Thankfully, I made some great friends there and the following 3.5 years were much more enjoyable and easier. Once I got into the rotations, it was great besides the hazing...
We keep 9 months expenses in savings, max out 401k and 403b plans, employer puts 8% and I put 4% of salary into a defined benefit pension. I don't believe in carrying any debt and in 9 months, we will be completely debt free. I started out poor and learned to live way beneath my means.
This was by far my favorite episode this season. Roger's comment before the fight, Pete getting upstaged multiple times, and how much they all swooned at Don's appearance at the dinner were all just so well done.
Finally found a real research article about protein intake/absorption limits. You can read the full article by clicking the arrow by "Abstract". http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16779921
I finally saw this and loved it. The soundtrack, minimalist dialogue, casting, and drive scenes all come together quite well.