or Connect

Posts by robasaurus

I'm impressed with your knowledge of the inner workings of Grafton & Co. You're right, the parent company, Grafton-Fraser Inc, owns Tip Top Tailor. Grafton is meant to be the higher end brand in the company, but the name is gradually being switched over to Stonehouse. As the locations make that transition, they will also begin receiving different stock. More of what they carry will be Stonehouse-branded, as well as younger-styled labels like Dagr, Firetrap, and Pure. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by icehawk21 robasaurus, I'm very familiar with Grafton & Co. Most of my shirts/trousers/ties have been purchased at Grafton. I'm actually quite fond of the store. In fact, my old suits were purchased there many years ago - back when I needed cheaper suits to be worn in the back seat of a car on a road-trip to Cranbrook or Moose Jaw to referee hockey (I used to referee competitively). I actually think Grafton is the best...
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatlese ^ Nah, he's right, it blows Actually, IIRC there's a rep from Singer who posts on here. I can't remember his ID, but maybe he'll this and can give some guidance? That's me. I've also worked at Grafton & Co. which is another place Icehawk should be looking for this Sanyo coat. They have in the past, and I believe still do stock Sanyo. Sadly, my friend, I don't think you'll be able to find that coat...
Quote: Originally Posted by Siggy A dandy assumes a bit of an aristocratic manner by distinguishing himself from the bourgoisie through his refined style and taste in clothing, appreciation of quality and small excentricity in the details of dress. I personally love the Alice books and the Tenniel illustrations and do not find anything "creepy" or childish about any of that or the ties. For what it's worth, I actually love the white rabbit...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I really don't think so, based on what I have read of his. To say nothing of other factors. But I have to admit, you could be right. Perhaps FNB himself would be kind enough to answer this question for us. (edit: He did, and I was just late posting. Thanks, FNB.) Anyway, I have read a good number of FNB's threads, and whatever one might say about the quality of his posts or the content of his essays,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton My point is, a cutesy figure in silk on a vest or a tie can be whimsical. That I can see. If I saw that rabbit tie in a shop, I would think, "Oh, someone made a tie from the Tenniel illustrations." I wouldn't buy it, but I might think it was cute. If I saw someone wearing it, ditto. However, specially commissioning a whole run of ties based on one's Internet avatar does strike me as childish, role-playing in a...
My store carries a fair bit of Dolce & Gabbana mainline product. I think rach2jlc pretty much nailed why the brand is the way it is, but Zenny is right too. I can recall very few customers that I have seen purchase Dolce & Gabbana who were not douchebags. For transparency's sake, I should admit that I own a pair of Dolce & Gabbana loafers. I hope I'm not a douchebag...
Quote: Originally Posted by Notreknip I seem to recall relating your name to Saskatchewan at some point in the past... I'm in Saskatoon, and yes, Elwood is still our really only option for anything "big city". The service there is unbelievable and I know most of the guys quite well, but even they admit that their knowledge and their product is much too ancient for what I want/need. We make things work, but I really feel like I'm "teaching" them more...
Dion makes a fabulous product, and the value is incredible. It would be nice to see more retailers stocking this line, and I'm glad that you do.
PM sent